March 9, 2010

the flu

Sometimes I tell Andy I wish I could get the flu so I can sit in bed all day and sleep and eat soup and be babied and have Andy take care of Colt. I know that sounds ridiculous. But, I'm ridiculous, what can I say? Mommas never get a day off...ever. Now, now...I live and breath my son. I'm the woman who misses him roughly an hour after I put him down every night. I pretty much just want to sleep for an entire day.

I haven't slept well for two nights in a row now and I'm to the point of just crying at anything at all...simply because my brain hasn't rested in quite some time. It's fried. Sorta like an egg.

Baby girl is TAKING OVER and by taking over I mean, my stomach is in my throat, my throat is in my eye sockets. Which makes eating anything very interesting. I could try to lay down and feel like barfing a few seconds later or just continue to move in an upright position and pray I sleep tonight.

What I really want? The flu.

5 comments:

LeAnna said...

Aww, you poor thing! I lament about this often, how Mama's never get a break. I get a few minutes while the Hubby bathes the boy at night, but hmm, guess what? Dinner dishes need to be done. It's a never ending cycle, and it's about to get that much more fun! ;) The last few months of pregnancy can be so miserable and I get to experience them in the heat of summer this go around. I'm slightly nervous. :P
You have the cutest blog, thanks for following mine!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh i hate feeling that pregnant. I remember those uncomfortable days. Praying you get some rest. Try to sleep in a recliner.

Adie said...

I love that you write about this stuff!! I have been wishing for the flu too!! I am sorry you are at the miserable point!!

Adie said...

PS - I have been wishing for the flu for like 3 years I think. I just keep getting the wishy washy stuff that doesn't keep me down. Boo!!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Agreed, Mama's NEVER get a break. Ever. Your comments always make Q and I laugh. The end of preggers is not fun. It isn't. It is that time where you think that death is just around the corner because you can't breath, eat, sleep, or shave your legs. It's rough.