March 3, 2010

the dinner table

We hadn't used our newly cut/shortened dinner table until the other night. Andy made dinner and even though Colt had already eaten his dinner while we were cooking ours, he insisted on sitting in the chair like a big boy and joining mom and dad.

I walked into the kitchen to grab something and when I walked back I couldn't believe my little baby was big enough to sit at the table. I looked at Andy and said, just wait until all the chairs are filled and we have people yapping back at us. That will be weird. He's a civilized man, eating at the dinner table with sippie cup in hand. He kept dipping his cranberries in his chicken and taking a bite. I'll have to remember to use chicken as my next dipping sauce of choice. Every once in a while in true boy fashion he would kick his stinky little foot up on the table just to show us how flexible he is. Then we told him to mind his manors.

3 comments:

More Than Words said...

Awww! Look at him!!!!!!!!!! Yah, wait till the table is filled up!

ChrissyM said...

i love him and reading your blog everyday.

Keri said...

Such a handsome little man, all grown up at the table. Cute!