My friend Angela had her little girl, Lydia, via emergency c-section on Monday evening. Lyds came into this world a whopping 10 weeks early. She was 2lbs, 11oz and we're not sure about her length. Ang had some complications due to pre-eclampsia and her doctors knew it was best for Angela's sake to get Lydia out ASAP. Thank goodness she had her check up when she did or things could have taken a even more scary, tragic turn. God's timing is always perfect.
This picture really doesn't do Lyds much justice. She looked super cute here, but she's even more beautiful in person. She was kicking her arms and legs all around yesterday. She even gave me the one-eyed-willie and peeked at me. She's got big eyes and the most adorable 'Ang' nose.
I was lucky to get to visit Ang yesterday. I sat there for a few hours just chatting it up trying to wrap my mind around what she had just gone through. One minute you're feeling fairly normal, enjoying your little one kick you from the inside and the next minute your getting prepped for surgery.
Before I went to the hospital yesterday I printed off a picture of Lydia and put it in frame for Ang so even though she can't be right next to her, at least she can stare at her baby girl whenever she wants. I feel like that would be the hardest part, being so far from your baby, you know that one that was living in you just a few days before.
Angela is recovering well from her surgery. All her vitals are looking good and her spirit has sky rocketed through the roof. I expected to see a quiet, exhausted Angela when I walked in her room yesterday...I walked in and was greeted by her just chatting it up, laughing, still shocked by the string of events but not easily phased. I'm pretty sure she's stronger than I think I would be at this point.
She's got Jesus in her heart.
It's amazing what he'll see you through.
Pray for little Lydia.
She's still got a lot of growing to do.

6 comments:
I've been praying for Angela and her baby girl constantly since I heard the news. If you get the chance, tell her people are praying for her all over the country. Even down here in Tennessee.
Such a great post Mo! Thanks for your love for Ang and John and for your friendship! You and Andy are awesome!
Oh this was so sweet! My best friend had her son 6 weeks early the same day I had my daughter. I was really worried about her and the baby, but obviously could not be with her. The picture idea was SO sweet of you. i got a little teary eyed when I read that.
That was really sweet. I love the picture idea, too, so thoughtful of you! :)
Awe, I loved this post Mo. I am so happy Ang is doing so well. HOw scary. Little girl is so cute. I love the picture Mark had on his Blog. She is so pretty. Tiny little perfect baby girl. You are a good friend momo. You and your friends and all those little people you are making are going to have fun doing life together.
I have been praying for this precious little girl as well! She is so beautiful and thank goodness they are all doing well. The picture idea was SOOO sweet. I am sure Ang really appreciated it:)
Post a Comment