
At 6:30am this morning I heard a loud noise in my neighborhood and thought, 'Is this a school bus or a trash truck??'. I then jolted from bed, just like a jack-in-the-box, and ran out of my room towards the garage because I forgot to put the trash out last night.
I ran past the front door, hopped into Andy's boots and ran straight outside pulling a huge trash can heaping full of trash in one hand and extra bags that didn't fit in the trash in my other hand, all the while trying to beat the trash truck to the end of my driveway. As soon as I got there he drove right past me. I was freezing, in my pj's and my eye's were still adjusting to the street light...and there I stood dissed by the trash truck.
He stopped at my next door neighbor's house and I thought for a second about yelling, 'Hey! I know I'm late...wanna back it up for me? I've got trash in my hands', but I hadn't yet tested my vocal chords for the day and sometimes my voice doesn't work right away. So I just stood there and then realized that my trash can said 'Allied Waste Services' and didn't match the 'Waste Management' logo on the side of the truck. It wasn't even my trash service. Bahhh.
It would have been even more embarrassing if I would have asked him to back it up only to realize it's the wrong trash truck. I probably would have just been like, 'Never mind. Going back to bed'.
Ohhhhh Mo

2 comments:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh the anger!!! I've been there. grrrrrrrrr.
I get woken up by the trash truck all the time only to run out in a panic. LOL
Post a Comment