January 22, 2010

3:30am

One annoying thing about being pregnant is the constant urge to have to urinate and sometimes in the middle of the night. At 3:30a last night I rolled to my side and gave myself a pep talk, I know you don't want to get up but you have to pee...just go now. Move your feet and start walking or you might wet the bed. So I did.

The bathroom light was so bright as soon as I had assumed position on the toilet [TMI? haha!!] I just decided that I didn't need to use my eyes at this point so I sat there with my eyes shut. I my head I was thinking of a friend who had seen a man standing at the foot of her bed and I thought to myself what if I opened my eyes and there was a dude standing there? That would be crazy right? Right!

A few seconds later I opened my eyes to grab some toilet paper and saw TWO FEET standing in the doorway of my bathroom!! I screamed at the top of my lungs, about flew off the toilet and did some karate chop hand movements in the air, as to defend myself . I hadn't heard Andy get out of bed and walk over to the waiting line for our bathroom so there he stood with his eyes closed waiting for me.

I jump all the time, I'm really jumpy, he scares me without even trying on a daily basis but he realllly got me this time. I walked back to bed and flung myself in the middle trying to calm down. I'm pretty sure that's the quickest my heart has ever gone from a resting heart rate to wanting to jump out of my body.

When Andy returned to bed I lay there all bug-eyed still trying to calm my nerves. He told me what I looked like from his view...sitting on the toilet with my eyes closed and a second later screaming and flailing my arms around. He said at one point he thought he was going to have to try to catch me cause he really thought I was going down. We both started to laugh uncontrollably. I was crying from laughing so hard. Ahh good times.

Then we went back to bed.

Moral of the story?
Don't pee with your eyes closed.

2 comments:

Ash said...

oh my goodness too funny!!! i so don't miss the middle of night potty stops.

Stephanie said...

You are so funny. My hubby scare me all the time(not on purpose). I will scream out and he just looks at me like what? Glad that I am not the only one.