Colt has turned into such a little man. He's ALL boy, doesn't slow down and keeps me on my toes. That is for sure! Here is his stats and skillz report for being a big boy at 16 months old.
-31.5" tall, 29lbs, size 6 diaper, 2T-3T clothes
-lover of Tigger and Pooh. AND he has slightly caught on to my obsession with GLEE. He doesn't really watch the whole episode just enjoys all the music throughout and breaks out in random squealing and dancing.
-he can say in sign language: more, please, water, milk, banana and all done.
-he can say in English: dadda, momma, gog [dog], bah [ball].
-'bahhhghh' is also his word for everything else.
-'disss bahhhghh' is his word for the sweeper. sometimes.
-he can blow kisses, wave, wink, clap, snap, dance [pretty fly for a white guy], throw a baseball, kick a ball, climb up and down all over my furniture, do flips over my furniture, give high gives, run and give big hugs, give kisses, play peek-a-boo, spit, make all kinds of weird snorts & elephant noises to make me laugh. do all the hand movements to the Itsy Bitsy Spider. solve a rubix cube.
-some of his favorite things: the sweeper, my blow dryer, my rolling pin, my hand mixer, my curling iron, the sweeper extensions [uses them like a microphone]. Just realized how feminine all my son's favorite things are. haha! But mostly he likes things that make noise. AND today I'm only letting him play with baseballs & dirt.
-he loves, I mean loves his paciblankie. Growing up I was never really attached to a blanket or a stuffed animal but he drags his blankie around like Linus from Charlie Brown. I have to hide it or keep his bedroom door shut because he would take it everywhere with him if he could. They're for naps only [and car rides just as a backup].
-he loves cheese, grapes, corn, peas, teddy grams, milk, kiwi, bananas, water, goldfish, peanut butter sandwiches and pizza.
-when I ask him where baby Molly is, he runs over lifts my shirt and hugs my belly. MELTS MY HEART.
-he has discovered his own belly button and really enjoys poking it.
-recently he's learned how to make big splashes in the bathtub and not get phased with water is covering his face...or covering the bathroom floor...or covering my face.
-when I tell him Daddy's home he runs between the front door and the garage door guessing which one he'll come through.
-when I ask him 'who's at the door?' he'll run to the front door and start knocking.
-when I ask him if he's ready for a nap & his paciblankie he runs to his bedroom door and starts knocking and tired laughing. he loves to take his naps.
-depending on the day he takes 1-2 naps a day. Sometimes it's one 3-4 hour nap...other days it's 2, 2hour naps. just depends on his mood and schedule for the day. He is a champion at going with the flow. There was one day I thought he might skip a nap all together but at about 5pm he crumbled and so I let him take a late one.
-he bawls every time we drop him off at the nursery...which is weird because he never, ever cries when we leave him with babysitters. BUT the babysitters are always grandma/grandpa's or cousins. Hopefully he grows into liking church.
-the other night my little cousins watched him for a few hours and they said he moved the sweeper over to the couch, crawled up and pointed and whined at the sweeper, which was his way of asking them to put the sweeper on the couch next to him while he watched and episode of Pooh. They're friends.
-he loves Copper. They're adorable together. He tries to sit on her all the time, she's a good sport about it. They share many hugs and laughs throughout the day. They really are best friends.
I love my son.

2 comments:
so sweet to read. I miss him. I am off tomorrow and need a little skillet time.
i liked this post a lot. i love you colt. dont worry gavin loves the vaccum too!
Post a Comment