My perfect day would have been relaxing and spending it with Andy but the amount of fun I had with out Andy made my day worth re-living if given the chance. Not because I was with out him...but because of what I did...Uh huh. It's was good.
I went shopping!!!!!!!!! Ya see, I love to shop and haven't gotten to do so in quite some time. We've been on a tight budget and so to fight off the temptation to shop my solution is to never leave my house. Which works. But yesterday, I feel into temptation and just bought things...and Oh Oh Oh did it feel good.
I asked all my In-laws and Out-laws for money for my birthday. They were afraid that if I got money for my birthday that I would put it towards our debt snowball. And in order to make sure I spent my money on things I wanted for my birthday and not do the financially smart thing with it...I had to have a chaperone go shopping with me. Which was one of the best chaperone experiences ever...I went with my sis-in-law, Krystle!
I wish someone would have video taped our day of shopping...then made a video...and put everything is fast-forward...and added some crazy clown music. We shopped for 5 hours. 5 hours people! Abe Lincoln's and Benjamin Franklin's were flying everywhere. We had that Honda loaded down. Employee's at Pier One were wondering if I wanted to just stay the night. It was craziness. It was the most fun I've hand since Spencer rode my picket fence.I bought lots of clothes. All but 1 piece was on sale...and I got it all at Walmart. Don't be a hater. If I didn't tell ya, you would have never known. Then we were on a mission to find curtains and pillows for my living room. This is where things get a little backwards. I refuse to spend more than $15 on a pair of pants at Walmart...yet I spent $34 PER PANEL on new curtains from Pier One. I need four panels. Yikes. Don't do the math. I've refused to do it so far and have still remained excited.
After scoping out the curtains in about twenty different stores I went back to the first pair I saw at Pier One. I now believe in 'Love at first sight'. They are bright blue, shiny, and have peacock feathers all over them. I also bought lots of pillows in all different colors and patterns. Seeing it all together one might think that I'm insane. But I'm going to rock the bohemian look. Lots of different colors...nothing really matches...bright blue peacock feather curtains...and yes I'm keeping my red leather sofa. I figure if anyone can pull it off...it's me. I wish I would have had a camera when I got home though. Andy's mom and grandma were watching the baby for me and to see Grandma Betty's face when I pulled out my peacock feather curtains was priceless.
I had a great birthday. After my shopping extravaganza we went to my parents house for chips and salsa...watched The Office...and had a competition to see who could make the longest fart noise with out taking a breath. Mom won. Then Spencer beat her...but he had to try like 5 times. He lasted 40 seconds if you'd like to try and beat him.
Last night while walking past Colt he lunged his arms out for me. That was sweet and a birthday treat in and of itself. Tonight we're going to Tabor Hill, getting a tour of the winery and doing some wine tasting...then dinner with some friends. More importantly I'll be holding the hand of my hot hubby.
Life is good man.
Happy Birthday to me.
p.s. I'll post pictures of my new bohemian set up once it's all dazzled up.
3 comments:
Can't wait to see the look. Sounds like it's right up my alley.
Happy belated!
Sonds like a great birthday!! And I totally respect you for spending $15 on the pants and $34 on the panels. It just makes sense. Your pants will wear out, the panels will last a long time. Therefore, it all evens out in the end. Way to go!! I'm the same way, I never shop because I try to save as much money as possible, but it's nice to splurge every now and again.
P.S. I buy about 95% of my clothes from the Target clearance rack and no one can ever tell.
YOu are so young...Happy Birthday. Shopping is my thing too. I just went tonight...had lots of fun. Can't get enough. Sounds like your B-day was a great one...chips and salsa too? YUM!
Post a Comment