May 20, 2009

we've been outside

Summer is here. Kind of. It was 80ish today. Here's what we've been up to...

  • Day before yesterday I went to Serena's house and laid out for hours. At times my skin was on fire but I thought...Didn't I complain about snow, and wish for sunshine for what seemed like months? Shouldn't I celebrate the sunshine by letting my skin fry like an egg in a skillet? Yes! Burn baby burn! I actually did burn. But that's probably because I lathered my body in Johnson & Johnson baby oil. Next time I'll use something like SPF15 or Olive Oil.
  • I also put on a bath suit for the first time since giving birth. I laughed out loud when I saw myself in the mirror. I don't recognize parts of my body as being...parts of my body! The zebra stripped stretch mark design along with the excess skin from carrying a 10.5lb baby makes for an interesting combination. Good thing I have high self-esteem and a man that loves me because gee whiz! One piece here I come...forever.
  • Colt is trying to master the crawl. He can't master it until he actually does it....but we're on our way. He is wiggly to say the least. When he's down, he wants up. When he's up, he wants down. The last two nights he's woken up in the middle of the night and instead of making him whine himself back to sleep, I've gotten up and rocked him. He is so busy now days he has no time to stop and cuddle with me. He won't fall asleep in my arms. I get nothing! But wouldn't ya know...in the middle of the night...that little boy wants his momma and we get our cuddle on. He is precious and I love him so much. The middle of the night cuddling gets to me so much that when he's fallen back asleep, instead of laying in his crib I bring him to bed with me. We lay there...pillow walls around us and snooze. Together. Little does he know that I make our noses touch and I watch him sleep. I inhale his exhale and we both drift away. The love I don't get during the day...I make up for at night. Also, I'd say it's time for another baby.
  • We worked in the yard today. Luckily Andy has a green thumb. He also has a laundry thumb. Both of which I'm thankful for. I went outside in my work clothes and told him to point and tell me what to do. I did well on all the tasks when I could use a shovel or a watering can but when I had to actually dig in the dirt with my hands is when I pretended Colt needed attention and then I disappeared to the front porch for a bit. While planting perennials around our mailbox Andy told me to space them evenly and use some miracle grow [black dirt with white dots in it]...I told him I couldn't because, I just gave myself a french manicure and I'm trying to grow my nails out so I can scratch your back better [extra large grin]. He called me pathetic. I'll take it.

I'm not guaranteeing I'll be back tomorrow...or even the next day. It's too beautiful outside!

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

You are too funny. We are enjoying the weather too. It is gorgeous. Get a video of the crawl...
Any excuse not to get dirty huh? LOL
Oh and don't even talk to me about stretch marks. ugh. The sun will never see this torso again. *sniff* Sniff.

Ash said...

Very cute!! I all of sudden have to take lots of potty breaks when it comes to working outside and getting dirty. It's a fail proof way to get out of lots of things.

Andrea said...

I really liked your About Me, you have a really fun sense of humor. Thanks for following my blog :) Speaking of one-piece swimsuits, my 3 yr old recently asked why I had stripes on my belly so yeah I'm with you on that one. Hope to get to know you more, have a fun week.