I must say although these two hams are best buddies...Colt is turning into quite the mommas boy. I love it, don't get my wrong but with Andy rarely being home to help out, I embrace nap time.
A few days ago Andy was feeding Colt some lunch and I was running around cleaning. He never took his eyes off me and when he couldn't see me he started to cry. I didn't really put two and two together [thinking that he was crying for me and not just whining...he does that a lot these days...cutting teeth sucks] until Andy was like, 'I think he's crying because he wants some Momma attention.' -- So we tested it. I stood in one spot. Turned my back towards him. He cried. I turned around and faced him. He stopped crying. I turned back around...he started to cry again.
Last night around 3 am his paci fell out and he started to cry. He'll do this every once in a while and all we usually do is walk in and insert paci and he's back to sleep in no time. But last night, he remembered that I was his mom and the more he cries the more I come in to shut him up. I'd put his paci in...step back...and as soon as he couldn't see me anymore be began to cry hysterically. I'd open the door...walk to the crib and he'd stop. I took a few steps back...exited the room. Big freaking crocodile tears just pouring down his face. This isn't so cute at 3am. I went back to bed and tried to wait him out. 20 mins later I walked into room [crying stops almost instantly]...I check the diaper and bring him into our room and put him in his swing which is by our bed. He rocks himself to sleep and we're all one big happy family.
Tonight we went to visit my grandparents and he was an uncontrollable wiggle worm that wouldn't nap or stay focused and happy with something for more than 2.5 seconds.
Sometimes this mom stuff is exhausting. I love it though. These are just statments not complaints. Consider this a entry in my journal. And if I may add, I'm a flipping awesome mom. If I could have myself as a mom?? I'm pretty sure I would be as happy is Colt all the time. And I'm pretty sure everytime I walked out of the room, I'd be crying...for me. If only I got the same attention from Andy. :)
On Saturday Andy is off and we're celebrating my birthday. We're having a nice dinner with a few friends but besides that he asked me what else I wanted.
My answer was...
I want every second of your attention focused on me.
I want you to volunteer to change diapers.
I want you to do most of the feedings.
I want to chill on the couch, under my down comforter that smells like bleach.
I want to you to tell me that I'm a hottie at least 3 times [I just added that one.]
I want to not have to jump up and console Colt every time he bites his own finger.
I want Copper to be up your butt and in your way instead of mine.
I don't ask for much.
My love don't cost a thing.
6 comments:
It is great to be needed, isn't it? You are an amazing mom and Colt is very lucky to have you=)
:D im pretty sure id want you as a mom to. infact if you want to you can take care of me? just thought you know id open it up for you.
ps. man i wish i thought of that amazing list for my birthday. im goig to tell sam he has to do that since he'll miss my birthday this year. ;)
I'd say those sound like pretty good birthday plans to me. Now, if men could only figure out how to be helpful without having to be told, that'd be awesome!!
I love my mommas boy too. They are so sweet. Cute picture and good for you getting out of debt first. WE are on that road too.
I love your Birthday list. Sounds like most moms. LOL
happy birthdy birthday girl. i love you. im so glad you were born today 24 years ago.
Happy Birthday, Mo Mama - I love you like a pregnant girl loves ice cream.
Post a Comment