Last night...for some reason I felt like being extra nice to Andy and offered to give him a back rub. Typically my back rubs are one handed, with one eye open, as I start to drool and drift into my own dreamland. I usually fall asleep during the back rub, wake up apologizing and wondering how long I was out for. But last night I felt extra generous.
He was already passed out on the couch watching Fox News so I woke him up and pretty much said...This is a one time offer. I'm willing to give you a two handed back rub...while sitting up at full attention...with massage oil...for more that two minutes. AND would you believe he said NO?!? Confused...I said again...This is a one time offer. He finally said Yes but asked what the catch was. Apparently my love isn't enough, there is some sort of catch. I assured him there was no catch I just felt like doing something nice.
So last night from 11:30-11:45pm Andy got a awesome back rub and I earned some wife points. At one point I said [just because I like to hear the response] You are one lucky man. And he said...Yes I am! Grin.
I'm usually the one that gets up and does the morning routine, morning feeding everyday with the baby...but not this morning! Andy woke up as the baby started to fuss and told me to keep sleeping because in return for the back rub I could sleep in and he would take care of everything : ) Ahhh...what a gift! Would you believe that I spelt until 11:30? Believe it baby.
So the lesson for today is do something nice and unexpected for your special someone. Do something that you know they would love and do it without a 'catch'. In return you'll have a greater appreciation and love for each other. I'm no therapist but it works!
5 comments:
amen to that sister!
couldn't agree more :) sounds like a LOVE DARE to me :)
It was a pretty good back rub.
: )
So....What was the catch?
Post a Comment