March 5, 2009

1/2 a year old

Colt turned 6 months old this week. At his appointment today he weight in at a healthy 22.5 lbs and was 28" long. It was sad to see him get upset again after the immunizations took place. The two front teeth are enough to make him whine all day anyway. He was like a flopping fish outta water on that dr's table too. Such a little wiggle worm. Andy's was there to do the hard part. Force his little-fat-hunka-burning-love legs down on the table so he couldn't move and then allow the nurse to insert a needle 4 times in a row. Not just one shot...but 4. I pretend I'm not there and as soon as the band aides are on I smother my child with momma love. Him and the dog are napping together right now. Such a sweet sight.

Dad is doing well today. We're about to head up the ICU in a minute to visit him. I didn't make it up there yesterday and I feel so out of touch. I guess yesterday, with the assistance of a nurse or two, Dad was about to actually stand up and walk to the rest room. I'm guessing he can sit up in bed now too. He is supposed to be moved from ICU on Friday. Which is tomorrow. Where has this week gone?? Yesterday he had a pretty bad headache. They gave him some pain killers and released the pump connected to the tubes a little bit. I guess the suction on the tubes was a big strong. Not only are they pulling blood out from the tubes but also spinal fluid. If the spinal fluid is taken out too quickly it can cause a pretty nasty headache. He's been feeling better since the adjustments were made. Today they took the tubes totally out. Which is a great sign. I think they're still waiting on the results from this mornings cat scan. If the tubes are out that's a good sign though.

The sun is actually out today here in Indiana and everyone is happy. We drove with the window down today. That is one of my most favorite things! As much as I love being snowed in and the fireplace popping I'm ready for Spring. Yes, Kaley, I said it. I'm done with snow.

Copper got to play Frisbee outside today. She was quite winded when we were done. So out of shape!

I've been rocking a few pounding headaches and eating chocolate like it's my job. I need Jillian Michaels to come kick my butt. Monday I start my health kick again. I have to mentally prepare myself...it never comes easily for me.

Whelp. That's all I got.
Peace and Love my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say it again! Say it again! :)

shannon said...

poor baby boy, he is a whole 4lbs on Gavin... I am gonna have to chunk him up. You must have biceps of steel. I am so glad your dad seems to be doing so well! Praise Jesus. He is good, I am so glad that he is moving out of the ICU that has to be a fantastic sign. I'll start eating healthy too. Sam leaves tonight for a month... maybe I can lose all this steriod weight and whip myself into shape. I will start next week as well... time to mentally prepare and well kick my butt into gear to shop and actually make it to the gym again.