March 27, 2009

date night

Andy is a full time fire fighter, a paramedic student, a small business owner [Andy's Lawn Care. whoot whoot], a daddy and my lova. Which means he's really busy. Sometimes too busy. But his crazy work schedule is what allows me to be the happiest I've ever been and kick it with Colt 24/7. On Monday he asked if I wanted to go out to dinner on Friday with him. Yes! He called his mom and she babysat for us.

I'd like to call our dinner...'date night' instead. Yep. We had a date night. I'm pretty sure that makes us sound more in love.

We went to Hacienda. For those of you who don't live near a Hacienda I'm so so sorry. It could possibly be one of the best non-authentic Mexican restaurants in the world. You get free chips and salsa...and only 1000 calories per basket of chips. No, we didn't have three baskets...only two. You do the math.

After our romantic mexican fiesta we did the next most romantic thing people do on date night...grocery shop. I don't know what it is about grocery shopping but it honestly makes me really happy. That was one of the things I was most excited about after getting married...next to sex of course, was grocery shopping. I love picking out my own food and pushing the cart around. And when we check out Andy and I play the Price is Right and guess the total. One of the high lights of our trip was when we were in the dairy isle and I asked - "Hey, remember that time we bought the off brand version of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and we laughed so hard because they called it...This Isn't Butter, Is It?" Andy said he remembered and we both laughed. It's the small things in life.

I left one little part of the evening out which was...you guessed it...our trip to Target. I don't like to re-live/remember/or talk about any trip I ever make to Target. Ya see...Target and I used to be in love. But then I met Dave [ramsey] and I had to end my relationship with Target. So, when we stopped by Target today...I didn't make any eye contact. I didn't want it to be awkward for either of us so I just kept on walking to exactly what I needed and got out of there as fast as I could. I had so many happy memories with Target. Anyway...the breakup is all apart of our "PLAN" which I'll be posting about in the near future. So stay tuned.

Between the salty chips and the dairy isle...I'd say the best part was getting to hold Andy's hand.
I like date nights.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm going to google Dave ramsey to find out what the heck you're talking about. The name is familiar...?

Have I mentioned before that me and my Hubby call each other lova too? (I think I have) Between that and the same shower curtain, we're pratically twins.

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute post. I too am in love with Target and Dave Ramsey...sometimes it is such a hard decision...
So glad your date was so great. I love mexican food...my favorite and yes, chips and salsa are the best!

ODCFkids said...

aw, you two are great.

Kimberly Anne said...

I am going through the same thing with Target!!! It's awesome to know I'm not alone.

ChrissyM said...

Mo..so funny. You are so real. I love reading about you everyday..even though we usually talk everyday. I do have a request. I need a pic of colt in each blog ...please. I know it was date night, but, hey...just one pic. Even if you have to run into the bedroom and snap one of him sleeping. just one...!
love ya
mama

shannon said...

oh target... you're such a tease