February 16, 2010

a play by play

Get up and get ready for OB appointment.
Get Colt up and dressed.
Eat breakfast.
Load the diaper bag.
Let the dog out.
Load the car.
Put Colt in car seat.
Go to put Copper in her Kennel.
Head explodes as she runs away and barfs all over my house.
Clean up dog barf.
Almost barf myself.
Get in car & realize I have our new double stroller in the back instead of single stroller.
Switch strollers and knock over the snow blower trying to make room in garage.
Fall against my dirty car in my white coat.
Consider crying.
Consider swearing.
Drive to Dr's office [running 10 minutes late now].
Arrive to my OB, check myself in.
Notice that everyone and their mother made an OB appointment for today.
Find a spot to sit and Colt starts getting antsy.
Distract him with some saltines & apple juice.
Colt pours apple juice all over himself.
Get him out of stroller, he runs away.
He finds a pen and draws all over himself.
Clean him up, then he starts to poop.
Reach for the wipes & a diaper.
Realize there are no diapers in my bag.
Consider crying.
Consider barfing.
Start sweating.
Realize we've been waiting for 40 minutes.
Ask front desk how much longer...I'm told we're next.
Three more people get called before we do.
Put Colt in stroller and walk in circles until we get called [1hr, 10mins later].
See Dr. & get measured. Hear heartbeat. Baby girl is happy and growing.
Load Car and drive home.
Sit. Exhale. Eat. Blog.



It's only 1:40pm

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I broke out in hives just reading this.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry. Now in about 8 weeks you'll be able to multiply a lot of that by two. Just sayin'.

Kimberly Anne said...

Yikes!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Um that sucks, I'm soooooooo sorry!

Ash said...

wowzers, that was a rough morning/afternoon

Laurie said...

Oh heavens is all I gotta say about that:)

Adie said...

Okay this makes me want to scream for you!! Sorry you had a crazy morning!

Mandy Mitchell said...

wow. i would have done more than considered swearing. you're a very patient person. good for you, sorry for your stressful appt.