September 14, 2009

last night

was rough.

1st. A large glass jar filled with tomato sauce [from our garden, which I canned] fell off the fridge and landed on my head. Actually, landed on my bobby pin which dug into my head. Then it gracefully rolled down my back and landed on the floor...in one piece. Glad I could break it's fall. I cried and swore [it just came out!] and blamed it all on Andy. NOTE: I guess I should have had a V8. Right?

2nd. Colt was up 4-5 times last night just crying and crying. I gave him some Motrin. I think his teeth were hurting. After I went in about 3-4 times rocking him trying to get him to go back to sleep Andy finally went in the last time for me. Not that I could sleep through his wailing. Andy came in a few minutes later huffing and puffing [colt still wailing in the back ground]. I guess when Andy started to rock him Colt thought it was a good idea to wiggle to the ground and make a mad dash for the door. I guess he was awake. NOTE: Babies are confusing sometimes. Here I am, my heart is breaking because I think he's getting an ear infection and his teeth are killing him and Andy is pretty sure he's just throwing a fit [ at 3am] and wants to play. So we let him cry...which is hard to do, for me at least.

3rd. While Colt was wailing himself back to sleep. My noggin started to throb right where the canning jar nailed the bobby pin into my head. And there I lay...for an hour...wide awake. Thinking the entire time, 'Dear Lord, please don't let him have a hematoma like Dad. Please keep my vessels closed. No brain bleeds for me tonight...pretty please?' I would have taken Ibuprofen but prego people can't take that...and for me Tylenol does jack crap. So I just prayed. It feels better this morning. NOTE: Don't do drugs.

4th. At 6am [which is technically today...not last night, but so is 3am I guess] I woke up abruptly from my sleep with only one thought in my head, 'eat something...fast...or your gonna puke' so I wobbled into the kitchen [Andy was bright eyed and bushy tailed ready for work] popped some toast in the toaster...took a few deep breaths to avoid the puking part. I'm so dramatic. Made the toast and went back to bed. Had myself breakfast in bed. Told Andy about Kanye West's retardedness at the VMA's last night. Got yelled at [not really] for not making him coffee while I was in the kitchen for those 5 dramatic seconds. And went back to sleep. NOTE: Keep bread and a toaster by your bed so you can make toast without getting up. But don't stick your feet in the toaster like Michael Scott did with the bacon/George Foreman incident. Not pretty. "Sombody call 9 1 1..."

4 comments:

Mandy Mitchell said...

I totally agree with you on the Tylenol thing...it sucks and I'm not even sure why they bother making it. On the puking subject...at least you know this time around that it won't last forever. With the first pregnancy you're just not sure when or if it will ever end.

ChrissyM said...

Sounds like an awful night. Lets go shopping and make it better. :) Michigan City...here we come.

Andrea said...

Sorry about your awful night/morning. Love your Micheal Scott reference. My friend has a Foreman and I'm always trying to explain to her that scene about how he likes to wake up to the smell of bacon. LOL Also I have a 4 inch scar on my forearm from a jar of spaghetti sauce. I slipped and fell/dropped one at age 7 and got 7 stitches. Blood and red sauce everywhere! Sorry mom I'm sure that was a terrible mess to clean up.

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh no was I reading a Not Me Monday post. My goodness you poor thing. Hope you are feeling better today.