Since my neighborhood is minute, to get a 2 mile walk in you have to pretty much walk the same path 90hundred times. I could venture out past my neighborhood to other subdivisions but I would have to walk on some bigger roads to do so and whenever I pass people walking their baby in a stroller on bigger streets I think to myself that THAT mother is probably doing crack. So instead I walked in circles...well, circles, and squares, and straight lines...back n' forth a dillion times.
I grabbed some old flip flops, threw on a strand of pearls that went well with my argyle sweater and got to it. About 1/2 way through my walk when I stopped to check on Coley I realized that when I stopped my feet started to burn. HORRIBLE choice to wear flops. The pads of my feet were seriously on fire. NO STOPPING NOW. The worse part was since I was so temped because I came close to my house about a hundred times in that two mile walk. But I PERSEVERED!! I knew at that point I would have blood nubs. Here is where the term 'bloody nubs' comes from:
- Once my friends and I took a trip to Chicago to eat good food and walk around. I choose to wear some really cute brown boots that HAD been comfortable in weeks past. I would wear them to work for 8+ hours and they never gave me any trouble...well, I'd never ventured in the great city of Chicago for 12+ hours in them...walking everywhere we went. It was near the end of our day and my feet were BURNING to say the least. Everyone was still power walking and doing good but I was crumbling and kept searching for the nearest place to sit down and wail out in pain. That's when I would shout ahead to my friends...."I'm Coming! Wait for me!...My feet have turned into blood nubs". I no longer had feet. I had walked them down to just stubs...or nubs...and they felt bloody. And there you have it...Bloody Nubs. Just ask Kaley or Andy. They were there.
I was pretty sure before I even got home from the walk I had bloody nubs. Sure enough when Andy got home from mowing I was waddling around in the front yard walking on my heals. He asked what was wrong. My response?
"Bad flops. Bloody Nubs."
He laughed at me.Lesson of the day...
Don't let your friends walk in flops or brown boots for that matter.

2 comments:
I always wear flops and suffer from that same thing. YOu would think I would learn my lesson. I just love flip flops.
As soon as I read 2 mile walk and flip flops...I knew how this story was going to end. I used to love flip flops, but they are a pregnant girls worst nightmare. Curse them!
Post a Comment