September 22, 2009

i said a little prayer

Via text messages with my husband today:
Mo: This little guy is hurt and dying on our side walk :( :(
Andy: Good. Go stomp on him to send a message to his friends.
Mo: N I C E. I said a prayer for him instead!

Andy would stomp him out. I sat in my Pilot and said a prayer with Colt for the little buddy that God would take his pain away and he would frolic happily from tree to tree in heaven. I'm not even kidding. AND, can you guys imagine me trying to stomp on this guy with his big brown eyes gawking back at me...I mean, you know how I am with bugs. Andy...how could you be so heartless?

10 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I would have done the same thing. Poor little guy.

Anonymous said...

at what address can i reach andy to send him hate mail??

ODCFkids said...

i can completely imagine nic saying something eerily similar. i mean, who knows, he does surprise me sometimes, but i am sure that something like that has come out of his mouth before... probably about a cat.

i hope he lived!

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nic said...

First off, Andy hilarious. Second off, the part Mo is forgetting to tell is that the only reason the squirrel was there was because she ran it over...on purpose...for points

Anonymous said...

Too bad my daughter wasn't there. She loves animals just enough that she would have grabbed him up and given him mouth to mouth.


If he died after her attemps, she would have taken him to her room and hidden him under her pillow.

ChrissyM said...

we are all God creatures. Remember when Spencer tried to kill a slug with salt...and then about 2 min. later came in calling for help to help him. We sprayed him with water and he still died. :( IT was a sad day at our house.

Andy said...

I give no sympathy to creatures that burrow holes near my house or in my landscape bed. And no... I wouldn't have stomped him. I would have grabbed his little tail and threw him as far as I could, into the neighbor's yard.

Unknown said...

Chrissy - I totally remember Spencer doing that - Oh how I miss the Wakewa - Tonti (Triangle) days - those were carefree long days - why is life going so fast! :( Miss them desperately - slugs and all .

And Mo, you know me - I love but I am also kinda logical and I'd have snuffed the poor little fella out of his misery - Stomped him? NO! but I'd have figured something out before an animal ate him. :( You are so sweet!

ChrissyM said...

i know I miss the Neil Simon air of that neighborhood. Ahhhh, Why can't we all walk to each other's houses, and when we do pop in to have dinner, or whatever, just because. It was good. It is still nice. but, those are good memories.