On 9/11 I was in the middle of taking an exam when I heard the news. Life stopped. School stopped. I didn't even finish the test. My parents were flying around the same time the attack happened. They had flown over New York on their way to New Jersey for a quick vacation. I thought it was their plane. Luckily they had landed about an hour before New York came crashing down.
What were you doing on 9/11?
______________________________________
Updated:
Stupid me published before thanking my husband and all fire fighters/paramedics/first responders. Thank you for the job that you've done and continue to do. I'm sure you're honored to share a profession with the 343 fire fighters who lost their lives that day.

5 comments:
I had taken the day off work, because it was my birthday, one that I will never forget. I was actually awake and watching tv when the news broke...horrifying!
I was sitting on the sofa in the living room listening to Katie Couric on the Today show when it happened live on tv!!!! I was holding Marie (5 days old!) and my mom (gramma) was in the kitchen when I yelled for her, MOM HURRY SOMETHING BAD IS HAPPENING - then the second plane hit. :(
I had just walked into my newspaper class when I found out that the first tower had been hit. As we were watching it on TV, the second plane hit. I remember my brother was stuck in Florida and we were trying to get him back in town. No surprise, he had to take a bus home. I remember going to GCC that evening and praying for all the people lost and their families.
skipping 1st period and just finished blow drying my hair when they annouced it on the radio. At which I promptly ran to my parents room and watched it all on TV.
We then went to NY in Oct. when it was still burning, for a funeral of a fallen FDNY firefighter simply undescribeable.
I was away at college in my first class. When I finished class and walked back to my dorm room, that is when I found out. Then I was watching TV when the second plane hit.
That must have been so scary having your parents be in a plane in that area.
Post a Comment