July 22, 2009

out with the old, in with the awesome.

Can your computer do this?
Late December of 2003 I bought a lap top. I drug it with me to college, then on to design school...my family used it everyday and Andy used the same laptop to run his business from. It slowly started to break in half about a year ago. Seriously, the screen no longer stayed attached to the base so it became a permanent desktop and just leaned against the wall. We had promised each other to be nice to it and let it go as long as possible before it took its last breath and forced us to by a new one.

Last week the power cord stopped working and we panicked and finally bought a new one and Oh my gosh, I didn't know what I was missing. I feel like I've come from the stone ages clinking rocks together. It's so fast! I used to rest my head on my hand while things loaded on the screen and seriously PRAY for patience so I didn't slam it into the wall. The best part is it was only $440 bucks and we paid CASH :) "Mo, I'm so proud of you" - Thank you Self.This is Andy's please-tell-me-your-not-taking-a-picture-of-me-holding-a-computer-so-you-can-blog-about-it face.

4 comments:

Mandy Mitchell said...

Wow. That's a heck of a deal for a laptop! And props to you for not financing it. My home laptop is from the same era as your old one and I don't even bother turning it on anymore. Luckily I have my work laptop that is fairly new, but I need to get a good one for the house. Oh and I've had problems with flip phones doing what your laptop did, but never a computer. You must have special luck.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Wow! You are awesome!

ChrissyM said...

yeah you. I love the pic of Andy, I can almost hear him sighing. hahha

Anonymous said...

$440!!!
Was it hot??