Lesson learned.
Remember my perfect job? The one where I watched a little boy a few days a week? Well, Ya, I heard tonight from the mom and her plans changed, therefore my job fell through.
BUMMMMMMMED.
So here are my options:
- Go out tomorrow and start filling out job applications. Try to find a random job until my car is paid off.
- Hunt down mothers I know and see if they want me to watch their kid instead of a day care.
- Sell my Pilot [aka. my perfect dream car]. Get a smaller car for a few thousand bucks and be debt free within a few months.
I choose number 4.
It seemed a little too perfect, didn't it?
5 comments:
YA know, I must believe that there is something that you are needed for more. So, keep you eyes and ears open- You'll see. It is so very hard to be patient, but, don't rush into anything. The perfect situation is out there.
Put your info. on Craigslist - you will get lots of e-mails! You can tell them exactly what you want, "1 baby a few days a week"...That's how we found our babysitter for Liam and they are AWESOME!!! I was creeped out by using Craigslist but that's what it's there for!
I was going to say Craigslist too.
Also, it's back to school time. There are tons of teachers looking for a place for their pre-school aged kids to stay when they go back to work. Get in touch with the schools and let them know you are available.
I'd let you watch Cannon if we lived closer. I pay $740 per month in daycare. Ug.
Seriously thinking about quitting my job.---That's a post in it's self.
I would agree with the Craigslist suggestion. My friend did that while she was not teaching during the summer and she landed a really good babysitting job for three kids. I have to believe there are lots of mom's out there that would much rather have you watch their child than put them in daycare.
Oh man! The SAME thing happened to me. It was all set up and then the woman decided to go with Day Care because I already had a baby.... She thought it might be too much for me. Um HELLO, I used to teach Pre. School. grrrrrrrrrrrr. gone is that income, which would have been nice!
Post a Comment