July 16, 2009

ive gone bananas

Today I got the crave of all cravings for homemade pizza. After begging and pleading Kaley to join me for dinner [Mo: Kaley, wanna come to my house for pizza? Kaley: Um...Yep!] I ran to the store to get some pizza essentials.

My plan was to only buy what was on the list. That is always the plan. Typically a plan I don't stick to very well, which is why Andy wrestles me to the ground and sits on me every time I say I want to go to the grocery. I'm proud to say I made it all the way to the frozen food section before I saw a giant sign sticking out from a freezer door that said, "Buy ONE, Get ONE FREE". To be frank, I didn't care what it was I was going to buy it. It's said FREE! I decided Kaley and Baby Ava needed something sweet so I headed that way.

As my squeeky cart squaked up to the FREE sign I got a little closer and read what was actually on sale. Diana's Bananas?

And there she was...
sitting pretty on the top shelf...
the heavens opened...
music played...
a giant fan blew my hair all around...
FROZEN
BANANA'S
DIPPED in
HEAVENS
SWEETEST
NECTAR
aka. CHOCOLATE.
I put two boxes of them in my cart (after all one was free). I skipped with glee for the remainder of my shopping experience and as soon as I got in the car I picked up the phone and dialed...so excited to share my new find.

Kaley: Hello?
Mo: Hi. It's Mo.
Kaley: Ya. I know. Hi.
Mo: This might be gross or it might be glorious but I bought frozen banana's dipped in chocolate for dessert. Sounds good huh??
Kaley: Ya. I saw those at the store the other day.
Mo: Oh....well...I just couldn't wait to tell you. See you in 15

1st came salad...
then came pizza...
then came a chocolate covered frozen banana in my belly.

I ate three before the night was over. Do not judge me. You have have have to try it. Next time your in the freezer isle picture me on your shoulder with devil ears, a little red cape and a pitch fork.

"Hey You. Ya you! Why don't you turn the cart a little to the right. The frozen isle is calling your name. Dianna's Banana's! Dianna's Banana's! You want to eat them. You really do. They have fruit in them therefore you can eat 20 of them in one night just like Mo. Temptation is bad...but not as bad when one box is Freeee. Muh ha ha ha!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those suckers were awesome. And it's totally okay that you had three because, duh, FRUIT. It's 100% healthy.

I'm going to go to the store soon and will hopefully make the 'buy one get one free' sale so that I can stock up, too - but they'll probably be eaten within two days, knowing me and Rob.

J Aquila said...

How many times do you live, Mo?

You know you know the answer.

He & Me + 3 said...

Those do sound good. I will have to see if we have those up here. They used to sell them at Cedar Point and we would get them. YUM!

Anonymous said...

not sure they have those here in CO but I will check, thanks for the suggestion!

You and Kaley are too cute!

ODCFkids said...

this / is bananas...

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

THIS / IS BANANAS....

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

now it's stuck in my head for the rest of the day :)