In honor of this festivius...I'm making Colt wear the ugliest blue/white collard star shirt I could find. I also made a million red/white/blue cupcakes & a two layered cake.
Let me tell you about this cake people. This cake was the result of one of my finest 'betty crocker' moments! I made a cake! One layer is white cake, the other layer is chocolate. I frosted it perfectly and even put frosting between the layers. Then I found food coloring and added a gaudy red star...with beautiful bright blue beams shooting out from around the star.
This cake is some serious stuff.
When my parents came to visit a few hours ago I asked if they could take the cake home for me since I didn't have a cake carrier and didn't want to put plastic wrap around it because it would ruin my design. Mom and Dad got home just a few minutes ago and sent me a few pictures of the cake after transit.
Take a gander:



Totally destroyed!
Oh well, good there I made 5 gadillion cupcakes to match. Just toss it MOM! [She feels bad...her and dad are trying to salvage what's left of my most beautiful b.crocker moment.] There will be more of those moments! I'm a young mom. I've got years of ugly cakes up my sleeve!
On a more serious note I'd like to say that I'm proud to be an American. I'm not sure what makes me so lucky to have been born into this great country but I don't want to take it for granted!
I'd also like to thank Sam Chaput who recently got deployed overseas. He'll be serving for a year and it's because of him and all the other army guys out there who make this country the greatest in the world! I'd also like to thank Shannon [Sam's wife] for supporting your husband in what God has called him to and for carrying the load while he's gone. I know it's not easy, but I thank you and admire you both more than you know!
NOW go light a sparkler!
[make sure you're holding the right end!!]
1 comment:
Oh no...sorry about the cake. Maybe it is time to invest in a cake carrier:)
Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Post a Comment