May 3, 2009

tur dur!

In my other life [the one where I used to get up to a alarm clock and actually make decisions other than, 'Should I gave him Blueberry Buckle...or Squash for lunch??']...I worked for Sofa Select, a local furniture store. My title was the Visual Merchandiser. Sounds fancy but pretty much I was in charge of bring new merchandise to the showroom floor and making it look schnazzy. It was an awesome job.

I also got to travel with the owners to Market in North Carolina twice a year to help come up with the new line up/fabrics for the upcoming season and to also buy accessories, rugs, lamps and artwork. It was a blast...and even more fun because you were spending $25,000 of someone else's money! Someone remind me why I quit???? No, as fun as it was, rolling around with my buddy boy far out weighs the joys of any job out there. It's true!

So in true designer fashion I change my house around all the time. I'm constantly switching lamps back and forth...swapping that artwork for this one and just changing up the look. I get bored quite easily. And that's what I've had fun doing the last few days. It's been a blast and Andy doesn't ever question it. I used to ask his opinion of how my decor looked and he'd always say, 'You're the one that gets paid to do it...Why are you asking me?' Now when I ask him he answers my question with a question, 'Are you still asking my opinion...you know I don't have one'. So I just do what I want and we're all happy.

Welcome to my living room! Feel free to relax and take a seat just don't mess up my pillow arrangement.

See I bought the orange curtains and the peacock curtains because I wasn't sure which way I wanted to go. I'd put a poll up on here to see what all you think...but I'm not that savvy and in my heart of hearts I just gotta go with the peacock. I'm returning the orange. I'm sure one day I'll be sick of the peacock because they're trendy and when that happens...I'll just go buy some more :) This is me. Getting really excited about pillows and such.Now go spruce up your house!

Switch around your rugs and your lamps.

Paint your living room Apple Green or Purple.

Purple is the new beige.

Do something fancy and unexpected.

I think you just might like it.

6 comments:

Keri said...

I'm totally loving those cushions. Best keep me away, cause I'd totally mess 'em up. You know, I actually like both those curtains together. I LOVE color! It brings so much life to a room. Totally diggin' your style.

Oh, and I just love the photo of you. That's pure excitement! :)

Mo said...

keri, yes i questioned leaving the two different color panels up. they grew on me...but unfortunatly in real life the peacock ones are really shiny and look nicer and make the orange panel look kinda kinda...blah. good thinking lincoln.

Mandy Mitchell said...

I like the peacock curtains as well. I like both of them, but think the peacock one contrasts your couch and cushions very nicely. So....you want to come down and decorate my house? I'm lacking the same talent you have.

He & Me + 3 said...

I adore your living room. That carpet is fabulous too. The colors are so vibrant and cool. Very good job!

Anonymous said...

Love it...all of it!

Mrs B said...

loving everything and definitely go with the peacock, it's seriously fantastic. The brown and white pillow on the right of your sofa matches my bedding and it looks fab out there on your red sofa... we do miss you here at the store (some of the things that got picked out without you, yikes!) but seeing that boy would make anyone want to leave their job and hang out with him all day!