Over the past 4 years I have signed myself up for a few 5K's. I've ran them. Well, can you call it running when you say, 'let's run to the next light pole...' then I walk for .25 of a mile, get ambitious and say, 'let's run to that red mail box...'. There is without a doubt more walking than running. But I'm a heifer....what can I say?
Luckily my Aunt Missy or my friend Missy...has ran all these 5k's with me. She is much less of a heifer than I, but still runs like one :) We refuse to sign up for any races unless we swear we'll run with each other for moral support and so we can look like losers together when we cross the finish line with a time of 46 mins. That time is not an exaggeration. We're a solid 15 minute miler. Actually today we ran a mile in 17 mins. But it was cold, rainy and windy. All the odds were against us.
It's always bad when you're running a 5k and you see a 90 year old man, who resembles the hunch back of Notre Dame, pass you by at lightening speed. Or the 5 year old who's taggin along with his mom and he leaves you in the dust.
The Sunburt is in a month and Missy and I are running it. Our best time was 38mins. She wants to beat our best time. I love how we haven't ran in forever and give ourselves 4 weeks to train. I just want to finish. This will be my 6th race. Makes me sound athletic doesn't it?
When I run, and my legs are burning and my left lung is about to jump out of my chest and play dead on the side of the road...I think this...If 400+ fat people can run on the biggest looser WHY CAN'T I? Then I remember they have a Jillian and I don't. BUT, at least I'm doing it!
Missy said she thinks about meat and potatoes and how yummy they are when she runs. I guess a big pot roast is what gets her focused and going.
When you're running or working out, what do you think about?
5 comments:
I do lots of thinking on my runs. Most of what I think about I completely forget by the time I walk into the house. But oh well it probably wasn't that important. Good for you to run this AM I saw and heard the wind and decided against running and went to zumba. You'll do great and it's good to have goals.
Yeah, I'm with Missy, I often think about food. Ha. That's a really good motivator.
Or sometimes, I think about how grateful I am that I have legs on which I CAN run. Helps put it in perspective. Doesn't help me to ENJOY running more, necessarily...just helps get me through :)
when i am running, i really don't think about much... If i am i never remember it, all i try to do it run and enjoy listening to the birds and the wind in the trees or the kids playing on the trails... i just feel fortunate enough that i am able to be out and enjoying God's creation :)
Things I think of when I RUN......
I pray
I enjoy the run and the sounds
I think of things I need to do
I think of how much I LOVE running
I think of why do I do this to myself??LMAO depends on the day...
It is a love hate relationship for sure...hahah
I think of my next race or time goals also
Good job Mo keep it up Runner Girl!!!
Okay
1 time intervals of 3 min...if Ican do 1 min I can do 2 and then I just did 2 I can do the last one. Ya its long and lengthy but helps me perservere
2. That I will be a sexy sexy fox ;) LAMO
Hahahahahahaha. Some of my top two thoughts. You probably don't want to know what else pops through my brain. ;)
Good 4 you running a 5K I'm proud of you
Post a Comment