May 10, 2009

my masha

Happy Mom's Day Mom!

A few reasons my mom is awesome...


1. Her heart. Over the years I've learned so much from watching her. She has a heart for people. She truly cares for the less fortunate. She gives what she has without thinking twice. She used to work closely with the Make A Wish foundation and would always bring her MAW kids' situations into our lives. We would go and and grant wishes with my parents. She wanted to make sure we knew how important it was to show love to others. For years and years before we went and had our Thanksgiving feast with our families she would call the Center for The Homeless and let them know the Michael family would be there to serve Thanksgiving Dinner. We showed up and served...every year. Hair nets and all.

2. Cheap Fun. She taught us that you can have fun and make memories with out having money. When we were young the Fed Ex Plane [aka. The Big Purple Plane] would fly out of our local airport at 11pm at night. So we would pack up our station wagon with snacks and blankets...drive out to the airport...lay on top of the hood of our car and watch the plane fly by. When Andy and I were dating I told him if he ever want to take me on a good date. He should pack up a picnic basket and take me to the air port.

3. Her faith. She has listened to the Lord and lived her life for him. I remember when ever I had a try out for a team or a big test in school as she dropped me off she would grab my hand and pray for me out loud. It was significant. It mattered and I remembered it.

4. Her sense of humor. Growing up my Dad worked nights so it was just Mom, Spence and I all the time. We would have fashion shows. Spencer and I [yes...I said Spencer] would dress up in her old beauty pageant gowns and have our own Miss. America Pageant. She would be the judge. Then Spencer and I would make her do the talent portion of the Pageant. We would turn on some classical music and she would pull a ballet routine out of her butt and make us laugh until we cried.

The list goes on and on...

Love you Momma!

3 comments:

ChrissyM said...

I am proud to be your mom. You are a lovely daughter and mother. Happy first Mothers Day.

I love you,

Mama

serena said...

okay u got me all emotional now..lmao nice blog Mo!!! Happy Mothers Day!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You do have a great mom and she is such a wonderful role model for all of us!!! I am thankful for both of you and have loved getting to know you ladies:) I know you will create the same wonderful memories with Colt and Andy!