May 30, 2009

Mr. Panera Man

Friday morning the alarm went off, early as usual. Andy kissed me goodbye and went off to the Hospital to get a few IV's & intubations under his belt. He had an 8 hour shift so I was expecting him home at 3pm. At 7:15am he called my cell. I was still asleep.

Andy: Are you asleep?

Mo: Uhmmm Hummggmm

Andy: Sorry. I think I forgot my backpack again. Can you go check please? [Walk out to the living room. Spot his bag. Go back to bed where my cell phone is charging. Lay back down. Find my warm spot in the sheets. Grab my phone.]

Mo: Yep. You left it again. Why are you so forgetful lately?

Andy: I was extra tired this morning. Do me another favor. When I locked the door behind me I remember setting down my duffel bag but I don't have it. I think I might have left it on the porch. Can you go see please?

Mo: Sure. I guess I can take you with me this time. [Unplug my phone. Head to the front door.]

I open the door and didn't see any sort of bag. Instead I saw Andy with a cup of coffee in one hand and a Panera bag in the other with a big silly grin on his face.

Mo: What are you doing? [confused, eyes trying to adjust to the light, looking like a monster]

Andy: My clinical got canceled a few days ago but I pretended to still have it so I could surprise you with a day off and breakfast. You love Panera.

Mo: Andy! [smiling, gushing, blushing]. I feel bad! You didn't need to do this. You never get to sleep in...You should have slept in babe!

Andy: I know but I wanted to surprise you.

It's official. I am married to the sweetest man that ever walked to face of this earth. I fell a little more in love with my husband on Friday. The End.

10 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I just fell in love with your husband. It's official. I totally did not see that coming. He is just so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love him too.

Did he bring you a spinach bacon soufee? That's what I'd like...for the record.

Ali Farmer said...

Andy is a keeper! :) So happy for you

Mandy Mitchell said...

I hate you!!! No, really I dont, but i'm super jealous. Your husband is soooooooooooo sweet. Most guys don't put much thought into anything, much less a great surprise like that. That just warmed my heart. Now I'm sending my husband over right away to take lessons from yours.

Nicolle said...

Can I borrow your husband?! How sweet!

Ali Farmer said...

So funny thing happened this morning...

I read your blog and proceeded to tell my hubby about what Andy did for you and how it reminded me of how sweet/creative that he is too me. He then had to leave for a meeting this morning at church and ended up coming home "early" while I was in the shower. Once I got out, guess what was waiting for me...a bagel and chai from Panera. Tell Andy thanks for giving my hubby an idea to copy ;)

ChrissyM said...

wellington
I'm so happy you married that guy!!

Mrs B said...

so very sweet, i'll have to make sure i gush about this story to josh when i get home tonight, so very sweet and thoughtful of him!

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!! It makes my heart smile reading about your joys in married life. It truly is a wonderful journey. Don't sell yourself short though, you are an amazing wife!!! You deserve a little pampering.

amberWIRE said...

Mo, This is such a great story! I love that Andy loves you so much!