May 15, 2009

i've got three days...

So I woke up at 2 a.m. to go rub Colt's head so he'd stop crying. I tried to get back to my dreams but instead I laid there for a really, really ridiculously long time staring at the ceiling, thinking of all sorts of random things. I finally gave up the fight when I started thinking about...What if someone breaks into my house? Where and how would they break in? What would my plan of action be? Is my cell phone charged? How fast can I dial 911? Which neighbors house would I run to? Will Andy let me get a gun and keep it in my nightstand? Then I looked at the clock and noticed it was almost 4 am. Sheesh! So here I am. Up.

Here is one of the things I spent the last two hours thinking about...

I'VE GOT THREE DAYS...to decide if I'm going to jump and watch the new season of The Bachelorette. Serious stuff running through my head, right? This is one of those shows you have to watch from start to nail-biting finish or you're just screwed. If you miss an episode you don't know what the heck's going on and what drama you missed last week. It's all or nothing.

Here are a few reasons I'm always hesitant to make the jump...

  1. Who honestly falls in love with more than one person at once? Especially towards the end when they're like, I'm in love with two people...I have to choose who I'm going to spend the rest of my life with tomorrow at the final rose ceremony and I don't know what to do! The Bachelor/Bachelorette chooses someone and then they go home together...only to find out that in REAL LIFE they don't even really like each other! (i.e. Jason Mesnick - Let me take a second to defend Jason because if you watch the show...I know there are a lot of Jason-haters out there...BUT, until we've lived in this fake reality world, we can't point fingers and say he was wrong for changing his mind after he got back to the real world. He didn't know until it was too late and then he realized he made the wrong choice. You and I would have done the same thing and gotten away with it because we're not on national television. I did on the other hand feel bad for Melissa. Love hurts. She took a chance. However I don't feel bad for her anymore because she's a sexy little hottie-tottie dancer on Dancing With the Stars and she might win that show. Watch her in the finale on Tuesday night.)
  2. The 'Fantasy Suite' gets me every time. I'm pretty sure I'm naive about what happens in the fantasy suite. I have just recently taken on the new thinking that they're probably not in there drinking hot chocolate and playing checkers. I have the old school thinking that you don't spend the night in a room called the 'Fantasy Suite' with every Tom, Dick and Harry that you meet. That's just me. In my head they're in there just hanging out, playing board games and telling jokes...naked. C'mon.
  3. It's another show to add to my repertoire of shows. But I guess A.I & D.W.T.S & B.L. are over next week.

And here is why I'm probably going to watch it anyway...

  1. Jillian is the new Bachelorette and she was on last seasons as one of the girls that The Bachelor was going for. He didn't go for her...well, I mean, he did...but he didn't choose her. She is sweet as can be and who doesn't love to see a happy ending? I want her to find love. Not sure if she'll be able to find it on this show...but I'm going to watch it like a train wreck and keep my fingers crossed.
  2. I listen to music all day [which inhances creativity] and watch the Food Network [where I get good recipes] and therefore I allow myself one show a night to turn my brain back into mush.
  3. And...
  4. Because I can.

Now is your time to come out of the closet. You watching? Yes? No? Maybe So?

6 comments:

Nic said...

There isn't even a chance that I tune into it...In fact I'm going to make a point to not even flip through that channel. As soon as I get one channel away I'm start flipping the other way

Anonymous said...

I shall be watching, FOR SURE. Why don't you come over and watch it with me? Rob will be at class. Come sit and eat and watch it with me.

shannon said...

First of all... to address those crazy what ifs. Coming from the Military Chaput family in North Carolina... you should always have a plan of action especially when your husband is gone so much. Keep "weapons" sticks, bats, what have you... in strategic locations. Always check and lock all your windows and doors before going to bed... and always have a plan b. (you should always have something to defend yourself in your car... you just never know)

anyway... WATCH IT. DO IT. I'm going to even though I dont know if I agree with the show or not. Its questionable. We can watch it together.

Anonymous said...

Nope, I swore it off after last season.

I was so mad I was spitting at the tv.

I don't need that kind of stress.

Meredith said...

Seriously..I will be watching it!!! Your reasons FOR watching it definitely out weigh the reasons for not. Therefore you should!! Jillian is going to be awesome!! Well..at least I hope we end up loving her in the end instead of hating her like we did Jason!

Kate said...

Nic is lying. He LOVES anything bachelor/ette related. Don't believe a word he says.

I am saying I won't watch. (but i really will, cause i'll be bored.)