April 22, 2009

the good i saw

Yesterday while driving to an appointment I came across a pretty bad car accident that left glass shattered all over the road and put a four lane [with a center turning lane] road down to two lanes going both ways. I didn't see them hit, but I was there as both drivers were able to open their doors and walk out of their cars.

The girl was late 20-somethings and the man [who from what I saw was the one that got hit] both stood and looked at their cars in shock of what had just happen.

The girl put her head in her hands and being to weep.

The man spent no more time assessing the damage but instead walked over to this stranger and held her while she cried.

And their they stood. Strangers. Standing in the rain. In five o'clock traffic on a busy street.

I don't know if that man knew Jesus but he showed God's love to a stranger and to about 100 other people slowly passing the accident in the middle of five o'clock traffic.

I like when I see good things.

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Thank God there were ok. That is an awesome way to show kindness in this all too often "not so" kind world. THanks for sharing.

ChrissyM said...

thank you for sharing. Thank you for being the kind of daughter that notices good.