April 13, 2009

i won't take it for granted

Sunday before lunch our whole family bowed our heads to pray together and I heard my fathers voice. I heard my Dad say the blessing, which he does every Holiday, but I also heard my Heavenly Fathers voice. As I listened to Dad pray God reminded me of the gift he gave my family 43 days ago. Dad was in the ICU recovering from brain surgery. It was a totally unexpected life threatening event. People say that we don't see miracles like we do back in the bible days...but God gave us a miracle that day. My Dad shouldn't be here. If he would have followed doctors orders he would not be here. His life was saved that day. My family witnessed a miracle.

As I closed my eyes to pray I thanked God that I got to hear my Daddy's voice say the blessing. We could have had a very very different Easter. Someone else would have said the blessing...and I'm sure we would have praying for God's strength to continue on without my Dad. We didn't have to pray that prayer.

I don't want to forget about what God has done for us. I don't want to forget about the gift of Jesus and the fact that even now days God shows himself to his people. I don't want to stop talking about it. I am so thankful and I promise you Lord I wont take it for granted.
Life is so sweet.

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful pictures...so much to be thankful for. Love the group shot. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister.

shannon said...

colton misses me... i can see it in his face. i better come over quick.

im glad Jesus is faithful. He is the same today as He was yesterday (even 2 thousand years ago) and He will be the same tomorrow.

i like that your dad's alive. :)

ChrissyM said...

Mo,

Thank you for speaking from your heart. And, for having a heart that hears your heavenly father. We were given a miracle, some are easier to see than others, but, they are in our lives. I love you and treasure our family. I couldnt be prouder of the woman you have become. Colton is being raised by a godly mother. You have blessed my life.
Mama

Ali Farmer said...

what a beautiful family you had and I am so glad that your dad is still with you all!

Keri said...

Very powerful words. Your post pulls at my heart strings for I too have been blessed with a miracle. How wonderful He is!