April 25, 2009

the fence

Do you ever have those moments when you WISH you would have had your video camera? Well, after mom's slide incident I should have recognized that my family is filled with the clumsiest people that ever walked the face of the earth and made an effort to keep my video camera in the pockets of my cargo pants at all times...just in case. The problem is I don't have cargo pants.

So here is what happened yesterday. Not anywhere NEAR as good as seeing it in real life...but worth telling.

Spencer [my bro] came over to hang out. He had bought Copper a new Frisbee. They were playing in the back yard. The Frisbee caught a gust of wind and went flying into our neighbors yard. Spencer says he'll go get it. He approaches the picket fence...

Spencer: Andy...You think I could clear this?

Andy: Eh...I don't know. That's a tough call. You probably could if you used your hand and hopped over the side.

Spencer: No. I think I can just run and hop over it. I'm gonna try.

Mo: Wait!! Let me get the video camera.

Spencer: No. I'm gonna just jump real quick.

Mo: No...just wait I'll be fast.

Spencer: No. I'm jumping. You're gonna miss it.

Mo: Fiiiiine.

Spencer takes a few steps back...runs a bit. Freaks himself out. Steps back some more. Starts running. His last step before he jumps is in our mulch/flower bed. His foot sinks a little in the mulch. His attempt of actually jumping is reduced to a slight hop. He completely straddles the fence and comes down hard. [ouch] Pain appears on his face. He starts to fall over but he doesn't fall by himself. Down with him comes an entire section of white picket fence. He lays in the fetus position holding onto any manhood he has left. Picket fence in between his legs. In my neighbors yard. Copper hops over him...finds her toy...come back to our yard.

Mo & Andy: [insert hysterical laughter]

Spencer: Am I bleeding?

If only I had cargo pants...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only.

Mrs B said...

tell your mom to keep her eyes open at TJs for some, i wish i hadn't cleaned out my closet so well, i think i threw away a few pair of at least cargo shorts... would have been so worth it to see the video!