April 28, 2009

25 years

Spencer and I are throwing my parents a 25Th Wedding Anniversary Reception in June and we surprised them with the news on Sunday! Mom cried when she read the invitation. Yes...it worked! We're putting them up in a Bed & Breakfast before the big shin dig because the reception is at their house...poolside. We've been saving since December. Their actual Anniversary was yesterday but in Indiana you have to wait for pretty weather so we're not celebrating until June.

My parents eloped and never had a reception...no showers...no nothing. So this is IT for them! This is going to be a serious reception. Mom gets to choose the cake...the flowers...the music. I'm excited.

We tweaked the guest list yesterday and there are 108 people being invited. Now I just have to make it happen!!

We will gladly accept the 'best-children-ever' award.

Congrats on 25 years Mom and Dad. You're superstars.

5 comments:

Mandy Mitchell said...

Awww...that's so sweet. My parents celebrated 30 years back in February and now I feel like I should have done something special for them. Kudos to you for giving your parents a party!! I'm sure it'll be a blast.

ChrissyM said...

You and Spencer are a blessing to us. I am as excited as a bride.

Kate said...

Let me know if you need a photographer! (Assuming I'm available.) I'd be willing to donate my services if you're interested.

Mrs B said...

so sweet of you, definitely some of the best kids ever! love that pic of your parents... they are still adorable after all these years :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea!!! My grandparents eloped and renewed their vows/had a reception for their 50th. The memories from that day are priceless. Enjoy every moment=) Your parents sure did raise two wonderful children!