January 28, 2009

January 27th 2007


Yesterday was our 2-year Anniversary. It feels like it's been way longer than 2 years...in a good way. We try to think back to the days of friendship before we were together and it's hard to do. I feel so blessed that Andy is the one. He is prefect for me and I'm the happiest I've ever been.

To celebrate we dropped the baby off at his parents house and had the entire day to ourselves. Which is rare. Not just the 'baby less' part, although that is rare, but him and I have not spent good quality time together in quite a while. Ever since he started paramedic school in January it's been go go go for us and all I wanted was just to hang out with no distractions. We watched our wedding video and both decided that our wedding day was amazing. If we could go back in time a re-live one day, it would be our wedding day. All our family and friends were there. It was absolutely perfect. I looked really pretty. I was skinnnnnnny. Wah! AND that is why I'm going for a run today!

At 6:30 we had dinner at LaSalle Grill. I had never been there before and it was very good. We had a gift certificate from our wedding that we hadn't used yet! Can you believe that? AND thank goodness for the gift cert because that place is not cheap! At dinner we talked about the last few years and then made a list of the 5 best days/things/moments that have happened in the last two years. These are in no particular order.

Andy went first...
1. Our wedding day
2. Our honeymoon
3. Fire department
4. Dave Ramsey
5. Colt

Then I went...
1. Wedding
2. Baby boy
3. Not working
4. Our beautiful home
5. Sex. Let's not deny it here people.

Then we listed together where we would like to be in the next 5 years:
1. More babies
2. No debt
3. Finished Basement
4. A stronger love for each other than we have now.

It was an awesome day. Just thinking about my love for Andy make me want to tear up like a big sap. He is amazing. He loves me everyday. We're happy everyday. I cannot help but stand in awe of Gods match making abilities. Thank you Jesus. I could not be a happier clam!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Oh..that is so sweet about the lists!! I love that!!

It is nice to get out and have a "date night" w/out children. I love those times when my husband and I can do something together. It's very refreshing for our marriage!!!

Hugs!
Alicia

Anonymous said...

I would cry but I'm at work. I will reread it tonight and have a good one.
I love you so much,

Mama

Anonymous said...

Congrats again, you two love birds! Can't believe it's been TWO YEARS already!?

Anonymous said...

yeah for anniversaries! and how wonderful that its just gonna keep getting better :) congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a great way to spend your anniversary!

Marriage is such a blessing!

Anonymous said...

awwww, I love you guys!