January 11, 2009

i've tasted my son's barf.

Nic, Jen and baby Logan came over for dindin on friday. I guess we can call it a 'play date' even though I don't think the boys actually made eye contact. Colt was jumpin like a spaz in his bouncy saucer all night like he had downed 5 Red Bulls [gives you wings!] and Logan was completely passed out in a chair. Forced fun never happens. I suppose that's what a 4-month-old and a 2-month-old do for fun though.

Anyway!

After dinner I grabbed Colt from his jack-hammering state to do diaper duty. For some reason whenever he lays down on his changing table he gets extra cute and wants to talk and play with you. So, in mommy-style, I started playin the 'gonnna get cha' game. It makes for an adorable baby squeal. After a few gonna-get-cha's, I gobbled his neck for a long time and slowly started to realize that while I was chomping away at his neck, he had burped and then barfed. The barf flowed down his cheeks, into his neck and eventually made its way into my mouth. I immediately spit [several times] all the contents in my mouth right on to Colt.

‘Andy! A little help!’

I rushed to the restroom and brushed my teeth [several times] with bleach and hydrogen peroxide.

I guess it’s better than somehow getting baby poop in my mouth.

Right? Anybody?

[Crickets]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously one of the greatest moments of my life!!!

Anonymous said...

It was a very entertaining story to hear at Mom & Dad's yesterday. We all laughed for a LONG time! (And were kinds grossed out, too.)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never eaten someone else's barf. I have SO MUCH to look forward to!!!

Anonymous said...

Ew.

Anonymous said...

also I would like to point out that Mo did not...I repeat did NOT brush her teeth after it happened. In fact she seemed to almost savor it.

That was the most disgusting part of it!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! The crazy things we do for love:)