Today I packed up my baby, got some blankets, a few bottles of water, hopped on my camel and crossed the desert to G'ma and G'pas house.
Might I just say...they are amazing people. Here are a few things I adore about them...
-This past December they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and their marriage is a
great example to all.
-They are the most self-less people I've ever met. They would do anything for anyone with out even blinking.
-They are hillarious together.
-My grandpa is incredibly handy. He can tear something down and rebuild it with out even thinking. When Andy and I were re-modeling our house [before we were married] I hadn't really seen any of Andy's handy work...so as the projects continued I kept saying, 'We should call my grandpa...I'm sure he'd love to come help you' ...all the while thinking 'please let grandpa do it...'- Luckily, Andy is quite handy and did a good job on his own.
-They are the best at making one meal last an entire week.
-They are my fishing buddies and are always willing to bait my hook...even though I'm sure at the ripe age of 23, they would prefer I finally learn to do it myself.
-They can do the 'jitterbug' and make it look really cool.
-They don't like to be apart.
-They always look like millionairs/movie stars every where they go. ESPECIALLY my grandma. She wears high heals with her sweats.
-They wear turtlenecks under their sweats so they can keep the heat at 60 degrees in the winter.
-Grandma is addicted to Lifetime movies...and Grandpa says the only kind of movies allowed on the Lifetime channel are the movies the actually last a lifetime.
-They love all their children and grandchildren with everything they have. Especially their first born grandchild and their first born great-grand child :)
-Grandma and I are both Taurus. That's why were so bossy and fantastic at the same time...and that's also why we dominate in Eucher.
-Grandpa once won a Sebring Convertible but wasn't at the Blue Chip Casino on the night of the drawing to claim his prize. My grandma tried to explain to the officals at the Casino that she was his wife...yada yada...but they said he had to be there himself to claim the prize. Ever since they have not missed one drawing. Don't ever try to plan a family event on a Thursday night [boat night] I made the mistake by giving birth to Colt on a Thursday night. haha. No No...they were there...for a little bit : )
-Grandma is an awesome housewife. She is a spaz when it comes to cleaning. When I was pregnant I wanted to hire her to come clean my house but I never got around to it...instead my house collected dirt for 9 months.
-Their twin bed in their guest room is the most confortable mattress on the face of the earth. When ever I would spend the night it was like sleeping on clouds...then I remembered the Si-Fi movie I had watched with grandma that night and instead of enjoying my sleep I stared out the window. Watching out for Aliens.
This list is getting long, but there is one more thing my Grandma can do that NO ONE else on the face of the earth can do. And that my friends...is to make a baby laugh. Not just any kind of laugh, but a really hard gut busting laugh. Colt has so much fun today. I honestly, have never made my son laugh like he was laughing tonight. When I got home from their house, I tried to do what Grandma was doing to make him laugh...but it didn't work. Which just adds to the reasons why she is awesome and totally one-of-a-kind.




2 comments:
That is awesome! Make that drive often...my kids only have two Grandmas with no Grandpas. One Grandma lives half a country away and is 80 while the other one lives 6 hours away and is more concerned with finding a new husband than anything else in the world. My kids hate it.
so ill take this as a hint, you wouldn't want to bring colt over for a playdate sometime? i mean NC weather is pretty nice. just think about it ;)
Post a Comment