November 19, 2009

thankfulness

I have a crick in my back and a crick in my neck which means I can't sleep. I've been up for hours rubbing my baby bump and thinking about everything. After an hour straight of non stop pokes and noogies to try to get Haab to wake up and karate chop me I decided I should just get up. I blame my new snowflake sheets for the crick in the back...I knew they were too soft and festive to be true!

I started looking at Colt's baby pictures. It really seems like 5 years since I held my newborn baby boy. I've said it and I'll say it again...I can't believe how much he's changed and how fast it all happened. The other night Andy and I were watching TV and Colt was sitting on the living room floor with a book in his hand watching right along with us and I just thought...There's a little BOY in my house! Where did he come from???

This picture I found is special to me because it's the perfect glimpse of what I did all day for weeks on end when Colt was a newborn. I held my baby and just stared at him. His perfect round head. His sweet baby smell. I'd inhale his exhale. Anything I could to make every moment last as long as possible. Oh lordy, and now I'm gonna start crying. Must be the onion in my belly. I told you onions make me cry. Anyhow, my point...

I don't want a day to go by where I'm not totally thankful for the chance to do it all over again. I get to be a mom again...I get to inhale the exhale. I'm sure our staring contests won't last AS long as they did with Colt because he'll be in the kitchen breaking light bulbs over his knee or something crazy like that and I'll have to save him...but really, he was just sleeping when all the staring happened anyways.

So ya...I really, really love my babies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a dream about you last night!!! You found out the gender (it was a girl) but you picked a TOTALLY different name (that I cannot remember) and I was all, WHAAA?? I thought Molly Haab? And you were all, I'm pregnant, I can change my mind if I want.

And I thought, fair enough.

Michelle Wegner said...

I am so happy for you. And yes, it is amazing how the love in your heart grows as you have more babies. I never knew the capacity I had to love until I had my 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd baby. You are an awesome Mommy!

He & Me + 3 said...

So so sweet. That picture is adorable. You are such a sweet loving mommy.

ChrissyM said...

I am so Thankful that you are a wonderful mother. It makes me being a Grandma so much more fun. Thank you!!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

So sweet! What a wonderful photo. Babies breath is something else. Many times I hold Gooner and just breathe in her scent, I love it. Hey, why don't you want your nails???