-My cousin Renae was thankful for the color orange [deep stuff, I know].
-My cousin Jack said he was thankful for Indians. Which doesn't come close to topping the year when he said he was thankful for the time that him and his friend Grayson ran around naked together. ha!
-I was thankful for Colt, and my baby in my belly, and for my baby daddies. Yes, I accidentally said baby daddies instead of baby DADDY! Singular. Just one. We laughed.
-Then I moved Colt's bottom lip and made him say he was thankful for Apple Juice. Not two seconds later he let out the largest man belch the world had ever heard. Laughed.
-My Grandpa was thankful that the Lord had kept his entire family healthy and alive all these years. We cried.
-My Grandma was thankful for my Grandpa. After 50+ years of marriage she wouldn't be the woman she was with out him in her life and all the people standing in this circle holding hands wouldn't be here with out him either. He's a great man. We cried some more.
Here is the center piece on the kids table. Fresh flowers, cinnamon sticks & little pilgrims which they made as a craft after dinner.
The feast hall...before we slopped green bean casserole and gravy all over the white linens.
My mom came up with this great idea for a center piece. She bought fresh bananas, oranges, pears, apples, papaya and lemons to be the center piece. We sprinkled around some fall leaves, shelled nuts and candles. So beautiful! Martha Stewart would be proud.
Renae and Abby cleared off all the plates from the kid table and the grown up table [mean while the grown ups shared a bottle of merlot and played the game you used to play in third grade...Telephone. More laughing. AND it's offical, my Grandpa can't hear anything...even when your speaking right into his ear. ha!]Then Caleb volunteered to clean off all the dishes and load the dish washer! I was so proud of the young lad. I took this picture so I could prove to his parents that he really did do the dishes. It was a great Thanksgiving. So much to be thankful for!

I'm also thankful that all my maternity pants have the spandex built into them.

2 comments:
What great thankfulness from the family. Cute about Colt burping. Now I am singing that "Babies daddy" song. Thanks. LOL
Funny, I have been in my yoga pants all day. THank God for Spandex pants:)
Aww.sounds like you guys have a great tradition!! We should do that too!
Tell your mom I love her centerpiece idea. Beautiful and so harvesty!
Post a Comment