Laurie is one of my best friends. We became friends through our husbands who just happen to be hot fire fighters. It was sort of like a friendship that just made sense. It helped being able to relate with the fears that come with our husbands professions and the lonely boring nights...[which we sometimes choose to spend together, eating skinny cow ice cream sandwiches and yelling at the Biggest Looser contestants through my T.V. screen]. She typically comes to my house straight from a fitness club where she teaches spinning classes...I usually come from the kitchen where I've just finished dinner :)
I remember one day Andy came home from the work a few years ago and share the 'secret news'...Lane and Laurie are trying. A few months later Andy and I were chatting and thought that maybe we should start trying to. Lane and Laurie put the idea in our heads and we felt like the time was right. A month later I was staring a pink plus sign right back in the face. We were pregnant! I was excited and so was Laurie. Sometime in August while on Facebook I saw something she posted on Lane's wall, it said: 3 years today...love you. We had talked earlier in the day and she told me it was their 3 year Anniversary [if that's what you want to call it] of trying for a baby and having no luck. It was a bitter sweet moment for me. My friend was hitting a milestone she wish she wouldn't have hit and I had just found out I was pregnant with our second child. Apart of me felt a little guilty or sad...not sure which one. I've gotten pregnant twice while Laurie is still trying for her first. It wasn't supposed to happen that way it just did. So, I cried and prayed some more.
Over the years I've never prayed for a friend harder than I've prayed for Laurie. I have never wanted something so bad for a friend, like I want a baby for Laurie. I've talked with her during the sad times when a procedure failed, or the pregnancy test was another negative. I've tried to give her the encouraging words she needed to hear that day and like I said, I've prayed. But really, through all of this, she has inspired me.
She believes that the Lord has a plan for her and their family. She's said before, I don't know how people would go down this road with out having faith. I'm so glad after all this she trusts in God more than ever that in his timing, and his timing alone...she'll have her baby. I feel it coming...I really do!
Just a few days ago I got the low down on their next adventure. In-vitro. I told her she should start a blog. I truly feel that people could either a) draw strength from their story or b) lend her all sorts of advice & encouragement. I know for a FACT that she's not in this journey alone. I've been to many a blogs of woman on the same path. And really, even if you're not on the same path exactly you should still go to her blog and send her some love. She's a doll. Enter HERE. She took her first in-vitro shot tonight. I texted her to see how they went...she replied, the needle was a little dull, but not too bad! Gotta love her! Tower of strength, I'm telling ya!
Anyhow, in writing this I'm realizing the amazing people I have in my life. Laurie being one of them. I'm uplifted and challenged by them on a regular basis. God's put me smack dab in the middle of their lives and I just pray that I can be a blessing to them like they've been to me. I just wanna be a good friend.

7 comments:
What a blessing you are to each other! I love how God puts people in our lives for a reason...and sometimes only for a season.
I'll go check out her blog and send her some blog love!
My cousin did the whole in vetro thing twice. Both times worked first a girl then a boy...Then last year they were surprised to find out she was pregnant again even though that wasn't supposed to be able to happen. God can definitely do what he is going to do
Friends are such a blessing.
I would have to say suggesting that she start a blog was a WONDERFUL idea if I do say so myself. :)
Oh, you sound like such an amazing friend! You are special and I pray that Laurie is pregnant soon!
You are an awesome friend. My BFF is my rock, my husband and I have been TTC for 18 months now, which is one of the reasons I started to blog, to gain insight, strengthen my faith(I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason), and to no that I am not alone. I know in my heart I will one day be a mother, it just might not happen the way I thought it would.
You are a wonderful friend to her being there for her and lifting them up in prayer. I will pray that this works. She sounds like a wonderful person.
Mo, you are a good friend to Laurie and to many others. I am very thankful that God brought you into my life. I left a comment on her blog and left a link to my blog. Maybe it will help. Blogging has been beyond therapeutic for me.
Take Care!!!
Post a Comment