October 29, 2009

vooShoo

Today I had another appointment. Andy came because this week we were going to get the hear the heartbeat since I'm far enough along. I've been really excited for this appointment and typically when I work up an event in my mind time drags but I feel like my life has been in fast motion and it actually got here pretty quickly. I'll take it.

Earlier today when I was napping, well, actually just laying there with my eyes close because I kept getting text message after text message and I had to get back to my people. I'm popular. Anyhow...I felt a little pop in my tummy [and NO, Nic Chaput it wasn't gas] but I thought, WOW I think that was baby doing some kung fu moves. I felt Colt move at 16 weeks so maybe, MAYBE it was possible for me to feel it but it's still pretty early.

Flash forward to my appointment. I'm laying on the table and my doc is about to listen for heart beat with the doppler and I feel a few thumps. I'm thinking, it's baby! Of course I wouldn't tell Andy. He wouldn't believe me. When I mentioned to him earlier in the day that I thought I felt baby movement during my nap he kinda rolled his eyes and laughed it off. It always takes him longer than the average man to be convinced that I am ACTUALLY pregnant. He still thinks I haven't digested the 6cupcakes. Andy Honey...the cup cakes are gone, long gone...this is your child.

Doc begins to push the doppler around and then we hear it, VooShoo, VooShoo, VooShoo. Heartbeat! Oh ya! It continues...VooShoo, VooShoo THUMP! Doc goes, "Whoa you feel that? That was some fetal movement!" And I think...UH HUH! ALRIGHT! I'M RIGHT! ANDY'S WRONG! It was da baby. Just to know that my little dude or little chicka is happy just floating around doing some kung fu makes my heart so happy. I love the fact that I can join in those moments and get kicked around. It's the best feeling ever.

So my appointment went great and next month [which is only 4 weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!] is when we have our ultra sound and find out if it's a BOY or GIRL! So excited! Even though I look like a mammoth [minus the wooly part] my baby is only this big:

It's the lemon. Not the quarter.

3 comments:

ChrissyM said...

she looks beautiful and little yellow however, beautiful ha.

Mandy Mitchell said...

yay!! So exciting! Glad you're already getting to enjoy feeling your baby move around. This just means he or she will be a strong little baby.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for babies!!!! :)

So happy for you and can't wait to find out you are having a girl!