October 16, 2009

r2d2

I mean h1n1 ain't got nothing on me.
My son and my husband on the other hand...

Let's have some fun and knock some sense into my husband. MmmK?

Reasons Why Andy should get the shot:
  1. He works in an E.R and in an ambulance multiple times a week...
  2. Just last week he came home and said this, "Over half of the ER was packed with sick people with flu like symptoms and in the first few hours a few were diagnosed with h1n1".
  3. He has a young son at home who is susceptible to catching it...
  4. He has a pregnant wife who is ALSO susceptible to catching it...
  5. He's not superman...
I'm not a super freakish type of person who lives in fear of the h1n1, but I'm pregnant and have a baby at homes already so I figured it was smart to take precautions. AND STILL...Andy thinks he won't get it or bring it home with him. I'm going to take Colt next week to get his. So let make Andy feel stupid for playing with fire. Shall we?

He's watched too many episodes of Smallville.

12 comments:

Mo said...

Andy,

It's stupid of you to not get the shot. Is it because you're afraid of the needle? You know they can just mist it up your nose too sweetheart?

Hope we all don't die,
xoxo,
Mo

p.s. Just do it already.

The Beeson's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Beeson's said...

I think I'm with Andy on this one. I personally am NOT getting a shot because it seems so pointless to me. A flu shot will inoculate you from a drops worth in an ocean of ever changing flu stains. That to me isn't worth injecting small doses of the flu into my body. HOWEVER, I don't have a baby. So I certainly wouldn't say it's bad idea : )

-AARON

Ash said...

Go and get it, in fact paramedics get the mist so close your eyes and breath in through your nose and just like that it will be over.

ChrissyM said...

Dr's recommend the shot for health workers, you' dissin' da Dr's.


please........

Anonymous said...

My ten year old just had it for a solid week. It was pretty aweful. 104 temps. Lots of prego women are getting really sick from it.

Do it Andy. Dooooo it.

Mandy Mitchell said...

Normally I would not let any type of Flu worry me and I don't think I've ever gotten a vaccine for it, but babies change that. Considering I am almost 35 weeks pregnant, I have more than myself to worry about now. I'm making my whole family get the vaccine even though they would normally be against it. I don't even want to think about my newborn getting sick with it!! Get it Andy!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna be much help here...I am not for the shot. I mean I know people are dying (ugh) but I am also concerned about the shot and that they rolled it out so quickly. Ahhhhh, decisions!

Mo said...

It's a risk either way...for me, I'd rather not take the risk of my husband carrying it home from the ER, loving on my son and then one of us dying. haha. Dr's are suggesting you get the shot. I'm not a dr. There's a reason they went to med school, therefore I choose the listen to them. Any other flu season I wouldn't get one...but when 2000 people have died since the end of Aug. That freaks me out a bit.

ChrissyM said...

Andy,

Even if you don't believe in it.... we know you would take a bullet for mo, so how about a little shot? We love you honey.

Nic said...

H1N1 Is for suckers and so are flu shots

J Aquila said...

Andy -

I dare you to lick a door knob or get the nasal mist. Pick your poison.

Neither could be worse than having the piggy flu.

Aquila - out.