October 20, 2009

it was a conversation about poo

Facebook cracks me up. It's better than google. I posted my question yesterday about the diaper genie. To buy or not to buy? That was the question. Within a few hours I had 30 something comments. I'm never googling anything ever again. And of course, I haven't made up my mind yet…so feel free to share.

Mo Breden
What are you feelings about the diaper genie? I don't have one...but feel like I might want one. Moms, do tell.
Top of Form
10 hours ago · Comment · Like / Unlike

Serena I hated it, thought it was gross and stored it in the room, like a big poopie pot..hahaha! BUT they mayb have cpme along way since my baby.10 hours ago · Delete

Corinne My ma had one for my brother and let me tell u what....GREAT!!!! It closed out some stank!!!! 4 real!10 hours ago · Delete

Serena I liked throwing them away out of the house. PUUUUUU! hahahahaa10 hours ago · Delete

Emily-Kate diaper gene is an excuse not to clean out your garbage can...poop storage. Kind of freaks me out knowing there is a sealed container of nasty diapers just sitting feet away from a baby crib.10 hours ago · Delete

Alex theyre great9 hours ago · Delete

Serena hahahaha Alex!9 hours ago · Delete

Ann I have the Baby Trend Diaper Champ. When I registered it for it I did alot of research and it got higher marks. I LOVE IT! You can use your own garbage bags in it so that saves money. We have never had a problem with smell. When you change the bag it is BAD, but that is about once a week. As Emerson gets bigger though it holds less diapers. So that sucks.9 hours ago · Delete

Ann Also, check craigslist. I got mine for $5 at a garage sale.9 hours ago · Delete

Jessica I have one upstairs and downstairs...love them. I think it helps with smell inside the house and especially once you put it in the garage trash.9 hours ago · Delete

Ross I only had 1 wish for the GREAT DIAPER GENIE! Please dont stink.... It did.. so did the inserts! go with the Diaper champ.. it's a lot better.. take it from the guy who changes them!9 hours ago · Delete

Kaley Love. Keeps smell away. Convenient, too. 9 hours ago · Delete

Ross P.S. The bag inserts get expensive! seriously.. go with the Champ!9 hours ago · Delete

Stephanie Def Diaper Champ all the way Mo!9 hours ago · Delete

Melissa you have over 13 comments on a diaper genie that is hilarious! All I have to say about the subject is POOP! :)9 hours ago · Delete

Mandy Well I have one, but considering my baby's not here yet, I can't testify to their greatness. It just seems like it's a way better option than putting stinking diapers in the regular trash can.8 hours ago · Delete

Allison LOVE it soo def get it :)8 hours ago · Delete

Ross Good luck mandy.. and the cutter.. well that doesnt work....8 hours ago · Delete

Ashley i hated it!!! it made the whole room smell like diapers!!! and yes I have the new one that is "smell free"! Whatever! I just take the diapers to the normal trash and poops outside trash. It was a waste of money for us. But most people I know love them! Maybe mine is broken! lol8 hours ago · Delete

Mo Breden My method now...Martins bag. All poopy diapers go in a green smelly diaper bag [sometimes two of them]. The terribly smelly ones goes straight out side. Then I fill up the Martins bag. Which is like a day or two. AND even still...Colt's room stinks. But everything stinks to me these days. I can smell a mildewed dish rag from a mile away.8 hours ago · Delete

Cammie I had one and after about 3 months I could not stand it anymore. I found that buying the scented throw away bags worked great and I popped them in the garage outside.8 hours ago · Delete

Aimee I'm a nanny... and I'm telling you this kid can stink up a whole house the instant he goes #2. I love the diaper genie, the sooner it goes in there the better!8 hours ago · Delete

Serena POOP!!!! HAHAHAHA Missy,hahahahaha!8 hours ago · Delete

Cindy We had (have) one, but we've switched to just using the baking soda bags and putting in trash - diaper dekor thing would smell on and off7 hours ago · Delete

Kristin NO NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!put it in the trash! way easier, less smelling! waste of money6 hours ago · Delete

Sarah I'm partial to the Diaper Dekor4 hours ago · < title="Click here to remove this comment" href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php">Delete

Mo Breden HUM...I feel like you're either a lover or a hater. Maybe I'll flip a coin. Thanks for the advice ya'lls.4 hours ago · Delete

Serena hahaha what does Andy like?3 hours ago · Delete

Serena Ohh and poo poo!3 hours ago · Delete

Melissa I never had one so I cannot give an honest opinion BUT I can say I bought the cheap-o 100 bags for 1.99 scented diaper bags- I then put them in the trash outside which is just outside your door. I just couldn't get past having that bag of 'stuff' in the house.3 hours ago · span>Delete

Tricia I never put poopy diapers in them...only pee...then it never got real stinky.2 hours ago · Delete

Bottom of Form




7 comments:

Ash said...

I've registered for diaper genie (cause I like the name of it) k not really. But i spoke to a friend who has the diaper champ and she does not like it she said she has to clean it weekly with soap and water to keep the stinkies under control after changing the bags. She said she really should clean more often but doesn't have the time.

Anonymous said...

Coming from no experience whatsoever:
I think it is just an expensive trash can and will probably just dispose of the dirty diapers outside. But who knows how my plan will eventually work

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Ha pretty awesome. We love our diaper genie. ZERO smell. We WERE going to just put the diapers outside in the big trashcans but do you know how much they poop!!!? Yah, diaper champs are terrible. Yah, you can use any bag BUT poop can get smeared on the thing if you have a major blow out and it touches the top. Totally sick. The inserts are worth the cost. And if you get the Elite for like ten more bucks it is hands free. The comments were funny. Hilarious that everyone has such an opinion on it!

Mrs B said...

two things from a non-mom who has changed a lot of diapers when babysitting for friends and family: 1) The Picture People had the Diaper Champ when i worked there and it was super easy, kept the stinkies out and the only time we had problems was if the moms put too many wipes in the diaper before rolling it up then they'd get stuck and rarely would the moms take it out, they'd just leave it. 2) i babysat an entire summer for a set of 1 year old twins whose parents started with the diaper genie and it was great for the wet diapers but the minute it got one too many poopy diapers it was stinky and hard to operate and when you've got two that are crawling around it's easier to toss them in a martin's bag and take them straight to the trash rather than fuss with the genie... and cheaper!

More Than Words said...

That's too funny. You never know what response you'll get on your FB status!

I had the DG when my older ones were babies. Honestly, it was such a hassle. I'm sure they improved the product since then, but it was annoying changing the bag, plus it was super heavy from all the diapers. Much easier to wrap it in a grocery bag and throw it outside.

ODCFkids said...

i have a comment!!

poop stinks, no matter what you do. i had a diaper champ and after just a little while it started smelling like the poopy diapers it housed, even AFTER being emptied. it's like the smell soaked into the sides of the can. if you use diaper bags and arm&hammer smell-killers, and a dryer sheet at the bottom, you should be able to keep the stink out, but that's a lot of business you'd probably have to do even in a regular can. ALSO - when i tried to get the smell out, it was pretty stuck. i bleached it like 3xs and left it out on the balcony to air out for hours. nothing worked. we just use diaper bags that smell good and it keeps the smell out really well.

i think a regular can is just fine and that any specialty can you get will have just as much work as a regular one. diaper stink is like an unstoppable force of nature - no matter what you do it makes its way wherever it wants.

on that note - do what makes you feel the least stinky. :)

Adie said...

We had the diaper genie and I hated it! It smelt SO bad when you opened it and there is something about a product that is like a sausage maker for dirty diapers. Gross!