September 23, 2010

cupcakes and cowboy boots

Colt's 2nd party was a few weeks ago and I'm finally around to blogging about it.  Unfortunately,  my mind went to silly details & getting all my ducks in a row for the big bash which caused me to forget my camera completely.  So the pictures I've taken are the few I snapped with my camera phone.  They don't start remembering things until they're, what? Three?  Hopefully he'll forget who I blew it in the picture category.

I decided to do a Cupcakes and Cowboy Boots theme for Colt's party.  I was trying to think of what he was into so I figured, Eh, he wears his cowboy hat around and thinks that's kinda cool.  Lets go with that.  Actually, my first thought was...let's do a balls party...cause Colt really likes playing with balls.  Baseballs, footballs, juggling balls, etc.  But what exactly would that invitation say? 'It's my party and I've got balls!' or 'Come play with my balls'...wrong.  There are about a million more ball jokes I could keep throwing out but surely someone would defriend me or report me to CPS.

So, cowboy party it was.  Here was the invitation I made.  I thought it was pretty cute:
To protect my parents identity[who allowed me to use their house since mine is the size of a nutrigrain bar] I slapped a gigantic fake mustache over their address. 
That was not apart of the original invitation.
Obvi.
As a party favor [which I forgot to handout, or no one really wanted. haha!] I had cowboy hats & just for fun I bought a bunch of fake mustaches.  My brother and a few other friends had a jolly good time sporting the stache'.  Colt, of course, wanted nothing to do with anything cowboy/mustache/fun related.  Figures.  He was in a semi-weird mood that day.  At first didn't even want his cupcake!  He eventually snapped out of it.  Honestly, I'm not sure he likes all the birthday attention and/or is a fan of large crowds.  He was much more himself after the party when it was just us.  Which is why in the future we're ordering pizza and inviting over the grandparents.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that cares about his party. 

Here's a picture of the decor and the cupcakes/cupcake toppers which I spent 86 days making.  The cupcakes were good.  I made the frosting from scratch and piped the frosting all on my own.   Thank you Martha Stewart...I'm glad you're not in jail anymore.
Although our picture taking sucked we did however take lots of video so I sliced together a movie showing the highlights.  You'll see Colt's 'big' present.  We [Andy's family, my brother, my parents and us] all pooled our bucks together and surprised Colt with a John Deere Gator.  He loves it.  But he loves to sit on it and pretend he's driving it more than he likes to actually drive it.  He'll drive it for a few minutes but then gets a little scared.  He'll grow into it...Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye.  If not, guess what Molly's getting for her 1st birthday?  She loves John Deere.
All in all it was a great time. 
I love my little doodie head.
Yeehaw.

2 comments:

Ash said...

what a fun party!! YEE HAW!

Melissa & Renae said...

how cuuute!~ love it when he is dancing at the end:)