September 7, 2010

choose love

I've been holding on to my babies a little tighter this week. I know it stems from the loss of the little girl, Ava that I blogged about earlier this week. When someone you know leaves this earth at a such a young age you want to ask questions. There are so many things I don't understand. Being a mother it hits too close to home. That could have been my baby girl.

Andy was at work when I heard Ava had passed away. I grabbed my babies, left my house a mess and brought them to bed with me. Colt hadn't ever spent the night in my room before so I wasn't sure what I was in for I just knew that I needed to hold him tight and tell him how much I loved him. He saw me crying. He scooted his head over to my pillow and gave me some kisses. We had been praying for Ava every night so we prayed together some more. He finally fell asleep with his feet on his Dad's pillow and his head at the foot of the bed. Molly slept like an angel in her bed next to mine. I watched them sleep and prayed for them.

When my cousin Marie was 2 she was hospitalized. She had gone to the doctors office multiple times that week and was sent home every time. They said she had allergies or a cold, I forget the details. She slowly deteriorated at home for a few days until my Aunt and Uncle had had enough. They knew it was something more. They were watching their baby die. They rushed her to ER and determined Marie had double pneumonia and her left lung had collapsed. She was in intensive care for weeks in an unconscious state. We almost lost her. It was scary.

I remember my Aunt sharing a story with me that happened while she was in the hospital and it has stuck with me forever. She was sitting in the intensive care room, watching Marie sleep, talking to God...having a hard conversation. If I lose her God, will my faith be strong enough to carry me through? During her prayer, Marie's doctor came in to check on her. She walked in the silent room, didn't say anything and before she left said said to my aunt, 'You know, she's not yours'...

It's so true. We're on this earth as a loan to the people that love us. If God wants us back. He can have us. We're not any ones but his.

I have never met Ava or her family. I just know them through some friends. If I've been effected by her life like I have I'm sure there are others out there getting a wake up call. That's my prayer. Choose love. Live with no regrets. Wake up. Quit waiting. Be thankful. Forgive. Life is short. Love your family. Love Jesus more.

4 comments:

Mandy Mitchell said...

I had been following Josh's blog and had touched base with Isaac a few weeks ago about what was going on. When I saw your post on FB yesterday, I went to Josh's blog once more and read the horrific news. Tears just started pouring down my face. I can't imagine. I just can't imagine. How is a person strong enough to go through something like that? I guess they're not, that's what we have God for. I'm going to continue to pray for them, because it's the family that is left behind that have the biggest struggle now.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the pain.I haven't been following this particular family, but a different one and the loss is so tragic. Pray. That's all we can do.

Aimee Breedlove said...

Mo, Ive followed Josh's blog daily for the last 10 wks also. Ive been so touched and inspired by his faith thru it all. Its hard to believe someone facing something so huge could bring inspiration to other. SO sad but such a reminder to love the ones in our lives every minute of every day!

Anonymous said...

this was beautiful and its so true. i bawled when i read marks blog about it. love love love. keep loving.