August 11, 2010

brotherly lovin'

Ever since sweet Molly came into our lives Colt has loved her a little more every day. I'm not just saying that either. He loves everything about his shishy [sissy]. He always runs over to her and saying, Hiiiiiii with a sweet, cheesy smile totally mocking the face that Mommy, Daddy and any other grown up makes while talking to a baby. He never once has showed any sort of jealousy towards her and he's always been so gentle and loving. Which has made the transition from 1 to 2 kids totally enjoyable.

For a long time he'd call her, Moll and just recently he's perfected it, now sounding like Molleeeeeee. With a very, very long 'e'. I've been thinking a lot lately if my kids like their life. I try to always give them their time with me. One on one. We laugh a lot during the day. They're fed, cleaned, hugged and loved. Typically spoiled. I especially love watching Colts love for his sister grow. I've always been extremely close to my brother. We have so many awesome memories together and to this day he's still one of my favorite people. I think how cool it would be if Colt got a brother one day or if we were able to give Molly a little sister...but right now, I love watching the brother/sister bond grow. It's so precious.

The other morning when Colt woke up I walked in his room holding Molly. He started squealing, Molleeeeee?!...Piyo?! He wanted sista to come hang out in his quarters for a while. And lay on his Piyo [pillow]. It was super cute.

I have no doubt that if some jerk tries to mess with Molly, Colt will be the first to sit on him and make him PAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so precious. Looking at pictures of them together you can tell they are the perfect blend of you and Andy

He & Me + 3 said...

Too cute. Love colts hair cut. Stunt Man just got his cut like that again on monday.