June 4, 2010

the parade

Andy is in the honor guard for our Fire Department so for the Memorial Day Parade he got to carry an axe and walk in front of all the trucks and the fire men followed behind.  Carrying an axe might sound stupid but it's actually an honor and cool.  Which means he's kind of a big deal. 

Colt had a blast.  We got rained on while we were there. Not just sprinkled on, but it was like a pitcher of water was being poured on our heads, kind of rained on.  I acted like rain was awesome and getting soaked was the most fun we'd ever had.  He went with it and didn't make one peep.  My little trooper.  Molly slept through the down pour.  She was in her sling and I was carrying her.  With the help of a blankie she didn't get wet at all.  Supermom...right here.

The parade was really fun. There's all sorts of crazy things going on at once. This is another thing I had to video real quick. The bagpipes. Not sure what is more weird...the lady playing that drum and swinging those white pom poms around or that crazy red headed child doing a jig.

I love parades


3 comments:

ODCFkids said...

that little girl was loving it!

did you happen to get one of those outlines of the "days events" that basically ended with the parade? it had the line up of parade walkers and you'd never guess who made the list. the "paranormal society." who knew we had our own ghostbusters?!

apparently they were just apparitions, however, seeing as their spot was empty. they either got caught up with Slimer or they were invisible...? mysterious.

Chelssie said...

haha i am so going to go with the lady playing the drums with the white pom poms... so wish I would have been there. stupid car!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

You ARE super Mom. That's what happens when Gooner bonks her head. I pretend that is really fun. Sometimes it works.