June 28, 2010

goodbye paci, you were a dear friend in harder times.

Not to say we're completely paci-less in casa del Breden, but we're pretty stinkin close.  I decided three nights ago to just hide all the paci's and tell Colt at bedtime that I wasn't sure where they went.  I kinda lied....eh?  AND wouldn't ya know he's barely mentioned it?!?  I mean, I thought getting rid of the paci was going to be this huge flippin ordeal and it's been a piece of chocolate cake with double fudge icing on top.  AND a cherry. AND some ice cream.  Can you tell I'm pmsing?

Molly still has her paci though. In a perfect world they would both be paci free but let's face it...she likes her paci, and honestly it helps me when my hands are full.  It pacifies her when I can't so for now, baby girl gets to keep hers.  Colt tried to steal it once yesterday, but I got it back from him, told him he was silly and that paci's were for babies.  He then ran off to go play with other toys. 

I'M SO HAPPY!

I'd like to chalk this up to my amazing mothering skills but really, I think maybe it's my kid.  He's really cool and goes with the flow.  I'm so proud. Sniff Sniff.

AND, YESTERDAY...He grabbed his crotch, yelled 'PEEPEE' and ran to the bathroom?!?  WHAT?  Andy and I gave each other the most hilarious look like 'our son is amazing!' We ran into the bathroom, sat him on the pot and nothing happened.  We have him a bath right after and he whizzed all over but at least he was close to the toilet.  I'm proud of him for trying.  That's a very good start.

I love my Coley.  He's growing up into this adorable, funny and smart little ham hock.  I could hug and kiss him all day long.  Toddlering isn't as bad as they say...really, it isn't.
He's really cute.

5 comments:

Ash said...

YAY Colt!! He is adorable

okaywong said...

haha, yes he is adorable. leo is putting on that same goofy squinty-eyed smile these days too. to cute!

okaywong said...

"too" cute...dang

He & Me + 3 said...

You are such a fun and funny mom. I love your posts. He is precious and you do have great Mothering skills. Good for Colt and the giving up of the paci. It can be hard when the other one still has it, but sounds like he is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Your child is a prodigy.
Heck you are a prodigy too! :)