May 12, 2010

did ya miss me?

Are you guys still there? I'm blogging! I feel accomplished. Life is crazy. Crazy good...crazy nuts...crazy-colt-threw-a-breast-pad-and-hit-me-in-the-face-this-morning. There have been so many days I'll start a new post and then laugh at myself realizing that I don't have time because someone is running with scissors or someone is crying for my boob. You know, mommy things.

Andy went back to work today. He'd been off for the last month. It was so great. I can never get enough of that guy. He is superhubby...supperdaddy...superhottie...he's awesome. I wasn't ready for him to go back to work. He on the other hand was extremely ready to go back to work. Colt is...how should I put it...testy. He is one testy little son of a gun. Loving his new found independence and driving us slightly crazy along the way. I'm constantly saying...
'Please don't...Mommy said no no.'
'Colt, let's be a good boy.'
'Did you hear me????'
'Don't kiss Copper on the lips! Yucky!'
'Absolutly NOT!'
'NAUGHTY!!!'

All the while he pretty much does what he wants. I'm still trying different methods, trying to figure out what works for us. Hopefully I'll 'find' it soon.

He love his baby sister though. He's always running up and asking to hold her. His new thing is he wants to burp her. So every time he asks I toss a burp cloth on his shoulder and help him hold her up while he pats her back. I've decided that we're not going to treat Molly like an off limits china doll. So...I let him hold her whenever he wants. He will run over to where she's is while crying and he'll stick a paci in her mouth :) A lot of times when I'm holding her he'll go grab his blankie and come sit on my other leg and lay his head right next to his sister. Those moments make up for all the testy ones. Melts my heart. He's still just a little laddy. Such a sweetheart.

Life is good though. I'm not exactly sure how to balance babies, bath times, dishes, laundry, dog, dinner and somewhere in there I'd like to shower. There have been a handful of days I question my mommying ability. Today has been my best day, alone thus far. I managed to get them both fed, loved and bathed. That was a tiny baby step in the right direction. I can do it.

I'm so absolutely blessed to have such great family too. Just one little whisper or cry of desperation and my family has been there to help lighten the load while I adjust and/or get a few minutes for myself. I've realize more than ever lately is to accept help. I'm set in my ways, in my children's schedule...but I've learned to let go a bit and take all the help I can get. I'm really blessed.

With Andy back to work and me getting into my old schedule with my kids I'm thinking I'll be able to jump back on the blog wagon. I really do miss writing.

Here's a few things that have made me laugh today:
-Colt eating 1/2 a tube of chap stick...
-Colt throwing a breast pad at my face...
-Colt putting a breast pad on his sisters head, looked like a yamaka...
-Colt and my mom chasing each other on toddler scooters [she fit!]...
-Colt putting my breast pumps on his chest and pretending to pump...
-Colt trying to bite my toe while taking a bubble bath...

Laughing keeps me sane :)

5 comments:

A&ABurkey said...

you make me laugh.

ChrissyM said...

hahhaha. yep. LIfe it good. I do have a request. If Colton wants me to ride the toddler scooters outside. DON'T let me!!! You know how I like to hang with him...but, I must draw the line. Even though that does sound really fun. :)

Laurie said...

Haha!! Colt is really into those breast pads huh?!?!

Kimberly Anne said...

Heck yes you were missed... High-five on juggling it all!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I missed you. It wasn't fun having you gone. Q and I missed your humour. I'm glad you are getting the whole mommything down. I'm not ready for another one yet; not ready to give up my bubble bath. ;)