May 15, 2010

the quickest month ever.

Molly girl is already a month old. I can't believe it. Here's what life has been like thus far for my little doodie head.

She's a fan of eating...At her 2 weeks appointment we put her on the scale only to discover that she hadn't gained much weigh. Docs like it if they gained their birth weight back by then and she had only gained a few ounces in her first two weeks of life. I automatically started thinking that my boob milk was sour and other horrid thoughts like that. She had another week to gain some lbs or formula it was for her. Little chicka gained an entire lb the next week and we were good to go. I wasn't ready to give up the hundred of extra calories burned by breastfeeding either. Since then she hasn't slowed down at all. Eating 4-5oz bottles every 4 hours. Sometimes in the middle of a feeding I'll stop to burp and she tries to suck my cheek. She takes eating very seriously and if you're not careful...she might eat you.

She enjoys a good nights sleep...When Molly was first born she slept 5 hours straight the first night. We sent her to the nursery at the hospital which allowed Andy and I to get a few hours of shut eye. Since then she's kept up that sleep schedule through out the night....which is awesome! On my birthday a few weeks ago she slept 7hrs straight...but typically it's a 5-6 hour stretch. She'll wake up for some grub, eat and then sleep for another 4 hours or so. One day we'll go get pedicures to celebrate her ability to sleep like a college student.

She doesn't need coffee or fiber to poo...little sista is quite the regular one. She's takin 'explosive poo' to a new level completely blowing out of diapers just moments after the explosion happens. One time she was wearing this adorable yellow dress. Mom picked her up out of her car seat...Oh my goodness, She was really hot in there. She's sweating! Then mom noticed the mustard looking substance all over Molly's leg and now all over her own arms. OMG, she's not sweating. She pooped!! Everywhere!! That was funny stuff.

She likes Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain...not really. Pretty much she's the best baby ever. Colt was an awesome baby but Molly might be an even better baby, if that's possible. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm a seasoned mother now and everything...I mean, EVERYTHING is 100% easier and less stressful the second time around.

I know many of you have been asking for more pictures of little girl but there is something that also happens when you're a mother for the second time...you don't nearly take as many pictures of baby numero dos : / And it's even harder to take pictures when your camera is broken. We haven't had a working digital camera for months. All the pictures I've taken of Molly have been from my phone...which is a crying shame because she's a beauty and deserves to be photographed with high pixel quality. But I'd like surgery to get rid of my wrinkled Kate Gosslin belly...we don't always get what we want now do we?

Her first month of life has been a truly joyful experience. When Colt goes to bed we get our girl time. I stare at her a lot. I examine everything about her little face. I smell her hair and give her eskimo kisses. Then I sing Hey sista, Soul sista... because her nick name is sista. I kiss her on the lips and watch her fall asleep. When she's sleeping and dreaming I'll tell her she's a pretty girl and that Jesus loves her and she'll smile at me. Still can't get over the fact that she's here and she's mine!

I love my babies.

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a sweet little one you have. colt is precious with her too. THat picture is just priceless. love both their expressions. You are such a great mom

Michelle Wegner said...

You're a great Mommy. So proud of you and Andy.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Oh they are cuties! How awesome are you to have such cute babies!!! Oh, and you left a comment a looooooooong time ago that I just came across and you said, "AND, Q still speaks french in my head. Especially in that tux. Very frenchy. " He totally speaks French and it is DIVINE!

Melissa & Renae said...

Im freaking out over Mollys picture here!!!! Spittin image of you as a baby Momo...omg!!!