December 25, 2009

22? 28? let's call the whole thing off.

On Tuesday I had a check up with the baby doctor. I was nervous to get on the scale this time around, being that I had participated in at least 3 hearty Thanksgiving meals AND enjoyed the labor of my Christmas baking in between appointments. None of which I regret.

I knew that morning on my scale at home I had gained like 5ish lbs and by the time I got to the Dr's office to hop on the scale I just decided to leave my weight worries at the elevator so I left my big snow boots on and everything when I got on the scale. It's becoming increasingly harder to put those dang things on and off anyway. 7lbs in one month was the damage. Seven, schmeven.

I brought up my weight jump to my Dr and she reassured me that my weight was on track for being 5 months pregnant and nothing to worry about. Which I was happy about. I for sure thought she'd tell me my diet was restricted to cucumbers and salsa for the rest of my life.

She then listened for the heartbeat [still there and going strong], asked if I've felt movement [I assured her that Molly was already a black belt] and she measured my belly. 28inches. Yes, I measured 28inches. The rule of thumb is you're supposed to measure in inches how many weeks pregnant you are. So for instance...I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with Molly, therefore my belly should have measured in at 22 inches. But because I'm a rule breaker, I measured in at 28 weeks!! Which is six weeks farther along than I really am...translation for anyone still confused, I'M FREAKIN HUGE!!!

Look at this picture and then ask yourself, 'Does this woman look like she can keep expanding for 4 more months with out exploding?' The answer is no.

Hopefully next month I will leveled out naturally or when she lifts my shirt to measure dozens of sugar cookies fall out instead to reveal the correct size belly. We shall see.

I make giants.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

My babies were huge too. I don't think you look big. I think you look great. That belly is holding your princess. So so sweet!

Mandy Mitchell said...

Call me when you gain 10 lbs. in one month and the nurse looks at you in shock and says, "Is that right? Let's weigh you again...Yep, 10 lbs all right." Then the doctor says, "I always think our scales weigh differently, but while we're on the subject, you've gained 10 lbs in one month." I had them scold me at just about every appointment, but obviously I didn't absorb any of it, because I gained a total of 50 lbs once everything was said and done. You look beautiful and make being pregnant look amazing!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I agree with Many, You make Pregnancy look AMAZING. I think you look awesome, really. I know you feel huge, and I'm sorry.