August 19, 2009

tmi

If you're a male reader you might as well just click the red X in the top right hand side of your screen because it's girl talk time and by that I mean, I may or may not be, but probably AM going to talk about my period. Thank you and Goodbye.

So remember back in early Spring when I mentioned that Andy and I had been trying to get pregnant again since Jan? Well, we'll still trying but my body has gone on a strike. I skipped a few periods in spring and now it's been 75 days since my last period?!?!? I've been to the doctor many times. Blood has been taken thinking I might be pre-diabetic [Im not] and my Dr's conclusion as to why I'm not ovulating is that I'M FAT! Really? Well, your breath stinks and your belly growls so loudly every time I'm there I'd like to shove a bagel down your throat just to shut your stomach up...maybe to shut you up too. Just Kidding. Not really. What?

Anyway...

I have 9lbs of baby weight left. So I mean, ya I could loose some weight but it's not like I've kept 20 lbs of my baby weight on. I mean, it's almost gone. I joined a gym and have been running [shocking, i know] trying to get down to my prebaby weight. I guess if 9lbs will make the difference I'll get a little aggressive with it but I'm not totally sure I believe my 9lbs left is the reason my body is on strike.

I'm on a pill now that is supposed to make me have my period. It's a 10 day pill and I'm almost finished so we'll see if it works. Part of me thinks I might still be pregnant, since they didn't lay that question to rest last time I was there. They kinda skipped the pregnancy test and went straight to your so fat jokes.

Andy and I have been really patient with the whole situation. I feel like God kinda asked me last week to just leave it in his hands and let it be. Let it Be! Let it Be! I also feel like God has taken this time to make me learn a few things. Mo, what if I only give you one child...would you be okay with that and trust this is my plan? And finally, Yes is my answer. I'm sure I'd have a few cry sessions and stomp my feet around but I'd be good with it. NOT that I think that's going to happen. I just like to have my heart prepared for anything God throws my way. After all if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans...or something like that. In saying that...Dear Lord, I would like four children by 30....pretty please with sugar on top. I love you. Mo

In related news we had someone move into the house the other day. My hormones. They used to be apart of me and something I understood, now they're totally out of whack and typically something I deny as even knowing on a daily basis. Example: One second I'll be singing Happy Birthday to Coley [we have to practice!] happy as can be and the next second I'm bawling over the preview of next seasons Biggest Looser premier [btw, starts Sept 15th...I'm not excited or anything].

Anyhow. Say a little prayer for my husband and his patience. I'm a ticking time bomb.

BOOM.

Ok, I'm back and HAPPY!!!!!

See how that works?

WAHHHHHHHHH!!

5 comments:

More Than Words said...

Hormones are hard to deal with, and especially if you are having irregular periods!

The best advice I could give you is just to really surrender it all to Him, and I mean all! It's hard because we like to feel like we have some control over things.

I think giving it to the Lord is the only way you will have peace about anything.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.

ChrissyM said...

Mo, I am laughing and have tears in my eyes. You are the sweetest and most honest person I have ever met. I love, love, love you. In fact, DAd and I just got home and had just finished talking about "just this". I know you and Andy are going to have lots of children. One, way or another, God has a plan for you both. Take a deep breathe and enjoy now. Love on Colton "what a good boy am i?" and smile. Thank you for making me smile.

Mama " aka Vivi Colton's Gramma

He & Me + 3 said...

Boy do I know the hormone thing all too well. When I am PMSing my hubs just steers clear. LOL
I could snap like a turtle at any moment.
Hope you have the desires of your heart soon.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand your frustration. Through all of our losses, the only thing that kept me sane was my faith in God. I knew he had a plan and one day it would all make sense. (Although, it really didn't help when other people, even if they were well-intentioned, reminded me of this.) It seemed like life kept moving forward for everybody else and ours was just on pause. Finally, I started finding praise in the little things. After each test they ran came back normal, I praised God for my health. After we decided to make our family through adoption, I praised God that we had the financial stability to move forward. After Gavin finally joined our family, I literally thanked God for our losses. I know it sounds crazy BUT he was meant to be a part of our family. We had to go through the really bad to get to the really good. You are such a wonderful person and good things will continue to come your way. I just know it! If you ever need to talk, you know I am here.

Mandy Mitchell said...

Okay about the "fat" issue...I think your doctor has lost his/her mind. 9 lbs is nothing and it certaintly isn't gonna stop you from having a period or a baby. Come on now...there are REAL fat people out there that have babies all the time. 9 lbs over your pre-baby weight is not fat!

As for the trying to get pregnant thing with no luck so far. You've done it before and I'm sure you'll do it again. Brett and I started trying to get pregnant on our honeymoon and it took us 4 or 5 months to be successful. Looking back now, that doesn't seem like a lot of time, but back then it seemed like I'd never get pregnant. I just don't know how irresponsible teenagers "accidentaly" get pregnant.

Anyway, just keep praying about it and I'm sure God will bless you when the time is just right.