Last night Colt took his first steps! Not just one step but THREE steps in a row. It was perfect because Andy was home to witness it. I'm so proud of him.
As his first birthday approaches I've been doing a lot of reminiscing. I've watch a ton of old home videos, re-read old blogs posts and just tried to take it all in. He'll be one soon. I can't believe it. It's so bittersweet.
Each and everyday has been better than the last but there will always be that part of me that holds on to those first few moments when he was just a pile of gush in my arm...totally relied on me.
Tonight I had a moment. After pulling in our driveway I turned the car off and saw his face in the shadow of the porch light in the reflection of my rear view mirror. He had fallen asleep on the way home from his grandma and grandpas house. It was the first time when glancing back there I could actually see his face because he is in a front facing car seat now. Although he's in his new big boy seat he can still snooze like a baby. I just sat there...teared up a bit. Looked at my beautiful baby boy sleeping and I thanked God for him. He has been the best gift I've ever been given. He has changed my outlook in life and I'm just so in love.
Becoming a mom has been the greatest experience I've ever had. I care more about my relationship with God because I'm an example for his relationship with God. I care more about my health because his health is a reflection of mine. My heart is bigger and more caring because I want his to be. My relationship with his Daddy is better than it's ever been because we want it to be an example of what an amazing marriage is and should be. My capacity to love has been doubled and then tripled all over again because he loves me without reservation so why shouldn't I love back that strongly? I'm so thankful tonight that I've been given the responsibility of being a mother. Sounds cheesy, but it's true. I'm better because of him.
Last night he took his first steps...BIG BOY.
Today he rode in his front facing car seat...BIG BOY.
Then tonight while at the gym I had to stop working out because he was crying so hysterically for me at the gym childcare that he broke out into hives all over his face...BABY.
Two steps forward and one step back. I'll take it!
4 comments:
that is life...as a mother. And, those feeling you have today when he is getting close to his first birthday are the same feelings you will have with each step he takes...even as he takes those steps to become a daddy. It is always bittersweet. How wonderful to enjoy each new adventure watching your child. I love watching you.
mama
I just remembered a moment when I was watching you and reflecting. I was driving a car and you had just started driving. I remember you were following me on Angela Blvd. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw you following me. My heart went to my throat and I started to cry. How could this be here already. Time had gone by so fast. Breathe in every second and treasure each moment...whether he be giggling playing with daddy , or crying because be wants his mama. Take it all in.
That is one of the sweetest posts I've read!!!!!
I can't believe your baby is going to be 1 already!!!!!!
Motherhood is so amazing, isn't it???
Aww, little doodie. I can't wait to witness the walk! And even though he's growing up, he's still a baby :)
Post a Comment