We took Colt to the zoo for the first time on Thursday. We waited until he was 11 mo's old just because we figured he wouldn't be able to really tell what he was looking at any younger than that...and even still, I mean, I think I had more fun at the zoo than he did. No, really, he looked at the animals which in 'baby' translates to:I'm looking therefore I'm having fun. So much fun in fact that I might just pee myself. YEP. There it goes. I just pee'd my pants.
Andy and Colt are both peeing their pants in this picture. They're looking at baby chickens and ducks. Oh by the way, if you go to a zoo in Indiana there is a FARM petting area...because no matter where you go in Indiana you can't escape chicken and ducks. You just can't.
When I was 10 or so my Mom took my to this very same zoo and there is a picture of me in a dress standing next to a peacock. I'm pretty sure the peacock in this picture with Colt is the same peacock I took a picture with 14 years ago. I know it's been many, many years but this peacock winked at me...so I'm putting money on it. It's the same one.
Shannon and baby Gavin shared the day with us! It was so fun. Gavin got into the animals a bit more than Colt. He is after all, a 1 1/2 months older than Colt. It's a big difference in baby time.
Momma and baby.
Momma and baby.
Isn't she so pretty?
The oldest, rickety-est tortoise I've ever seen. For being a tortoise it was pretty fast!
This is how I take family pictures.
I forget the child and cut off the husbands head.
Talent...pure talent.
Look at all those colors!!?!
God is awesome.
This is Colt just a few blocks from the Zoo.
It wears a brother out!
We had a great time and it just shows you don't have to spend lots of money to make family memories!!
This is how I take family pictures.
I forget the child and cut off the husbands head.
Talent...pure talent.
God is awesome.
It wears a brother out!
We had a great time and it just shows you don't have to spend lots of money to make family memories!!
1 comment:
He looks like he is rapidly approaching "toddler", especially in the last picture for some reason. Such a man, he is. WAAAA, they grow up so fast. And I feel old for just saying that phrase.
Post a Comment